LegacyGT.com

Passenger Occupancy System and Airbags

alex.mielens

For reference: 2005 Outback XT Limited, power seats

So I know this has been asked many, many time, but after weeks of searching and experimenting on my own I can't figure it out. I bought 2013 WRX seats, manual, for a price couldn't just pass up. They bolted up fine and I swapped over my buckles, worked great. Previously I had Now I'm due for inspection in December and I have to have no airbag light on to pass.

I have tried both the 3.3ohm and the 2ohm resistors in the airbag plugs and the light is still on no matter what I do. I think my problem is the passenger occupancy computer, as the weight sensors don't match up between the years.

Currently, I have the occupancy computer plugged in to everything that I can plug it into. I have a 3.3ohm resistor in the airbag for both sides. I also have all the weight sensors plugged into the computer. There are a few things that I can't plug in, which I believe are for the heated seats and power controls. All I need is to turn off the airbag light.

I'm at a complete loss of what to do after weeks of searching and experimenting, the only idea I have left is swapped over the bases and airbags into the new seats.

Sent from my XT1635-01 using Tapatalk

Archived