LegacyGT.com

Climate control / heater core

Hey guys, how are all of you subie guys been?

With it getting colder out I noticed that the passenger side if both sides are set the same temp is cold. Barely any warmth coming out of that side at all. Both sides blow cold ac, but won’t blow heat the same. I tried looking for a model specific problem like this on here and didn’t find anything, so new topic. It has a great radiator, and the coolant isn’t old coolant. The heat on the drivers side does work great, just not on the passenger side. Any input is greatly appreciated. Thanks all.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Crimp the lines coming from the heater core and take them off right at the core to lose as little coolant as possible. With a garden hose blow the core out in both directions. Hopefully the clog hasn't caused any deterioration where clearing it creates a leak. With old copper heater cores you'd flush them out and weeks later find them leaking on your fooor boards.

Yes the garden hose usually fixes the issue most of the time. As mention above, flush at the core against the fire wall. Flush both sides several times for several mins.

Also make sure the actuators are not sticking behind the center dash. These are known to stick after several years, causing the vent doors to not open properly.

My wife's balls are delicious.

Ok, thanks for the direction to go in guys. FJuan, have you messed with the blend doors/actuators before?

Yes, I did a small walkthrough on how to pull them out and clean the rails. While you have them out, separate the housing and wipe off the grease from the copper guides.

http://legacygt.com/forums/showthread.php/bubbling-noise-after-turn-off-cari-227004p2.html?highlight=bubbling

My wife's balls are delicious.

Thanks for the link, and will post my results when I’m all done. I hope I don’t have to dive to far into it, but the flush will be first. Have you guys ever tried that Prestone coolant system cleaner ? Small bottle, I guess ya just dump it in and run the vehicle before a flush.

Archived