LegacyGT.com

headunit swap with factory NAV system

Forgive this post, I've been searching for a good hour and can't find exactly the info I'm looking for.

I'm considering grabbing a 2010-2012 Outback 3.6r. They all have the factory NAV system and auto climate controls. I'm a bit spoiled with my Kenwood DMX7704S I have in the current car presently.

Has anyone done this? Is there a separate replacement climate control piece that can be purchased like the 2005-2009 cars? Do people replace the NAV screen with an aftermarket unit like the DMX7704S? What do you do with the factory radio in the middle then?

I saw a couple of threads with the specs on retaining radio controls, they all looked to be non-NAV, manual climate control installs. Since my searching has failed, can anyone point me to a thread that has that info or relate your own experiences?

The nav unit is the entire screen and radio controls, non nave cars have a cubby under the radio. So you will need the cubby and face from a non nav car along with an adapter for a non nav car as well as the swc module and other interfaces. You might get in contact with crutchfield.

Archived