LegacyGT.com

Four Wheel Drift

I done it many times on my WRX.. it's best to get a bigger rear sway, tires and lightweight rims for the Legacy before doing such things. Actually, I finally wrecked my WRX at the drifting event about 3 weeks ago, hitting a concrete wall dead-on at 50 mph.. car is totalled, and I dont plan on drifting with the Legacy in such a fashion as I did with my WRX. Keefe
Keefe

Last winter I tried drifting everytime it snowed heavily here in the North Country to test the car's limits. My 01 Legacy has snow tires, yet it didn't seem to be controllable when I tried to do large donuts on icy or snowy surface (empty large parking lot). The tail wanted to come out too often. I took off the stronger rear sway bar (20mm) and it was only slightly better. Still pretty bad. to a point that I was wondering if the 4wd system was actually working properly (During drift even if I apply a little gas I couldn't control the direction of the car once it started drifting, 20mph maybe). This wasn't much better then my other fwd cars. I hope the 05s are better or I won't want to get a new one. Like to hear your experiences.

There are some reasonably deserted twisting mountain roads in Colorado where I've done it with my WRX Wagon. As XenonK stated, there is always a fear of wrecking. I will wait to see if the GT is up for it, especially with factory rubber, then take it slow and easy. I'm not aware of a Subaru club in Colorado, but the local Quattro Club (Audi owners) will let just about any awd car play along at a track day where this sort of thing has a chance to be done in a safer environment.

xenonk, isn't rockville near frederick? i know a guy named sherman just north of fred-rock who drives an 02 wr blue wrx. he's this big long haired hippie looking guy. he's really cool though and knows alot about subarus.

Archived