LegacyGT.com

Remote Starter issues

I have a 2010 Legacy 2.5i Premium NA with OEM Remote Start... Today was the first really cold day of the year, and my car was completely frosted over. I attempted to use my remote start to warm the car/defrost the windows before i had to head to work. I pushed the button on the Remote Start FOB and the car horn beeped once, showing the signal was received. The park lights came on, the car cycled through its checks, then beeped the horn twice while not starting the car.. Anyone have any feedback as to what caused this? I have attempted to google the issue and am getting very few results...

Mrstacy, Thank you for the recommendation. I searched that forum and was able to find out the issue. When attempting to use the remote start, and the system returns a problem signified by 2 honks of the horn, it is showing that one of the safety checks has failed. Primarily that either one of the car doors is open, or the Hood.

In my case, the vehicle thinks that the hood is open. I just checked my vehicle and noticed that the Bracket the safety switch is attached to has been removed for some unknown reason, and the bracket/switch were left to hang in the engine compartment. I am assuming the mechanic at the dealer did this for some reason while servicing my vehicle (quite potentially when I had the Torque Converter replaced and they needed to move/disconnect things to get the job done) and neglected to remount it where it belongs. A quick and simple fix thankfully, just a matter of remembering where the bracket mounts.

Very welcome.. I tried to search the forums here, but was unable to find anything about this.

On that note though, does anyone here have a 2010 Legacy 2.5i N/A that has the OEM Remote Start? If so, are you able to provide a picture of the location that this switch is supposed to be mounted so the hood engages it when closed? I know it goes somewhere on the Passenger side, I believe possibly with the Power Steering Fluid container, though I can't find anything on google, and like to do my research before I attempt to fix something, even as simple as this is, and its currently helping me pass time at work until I am able to mount it where it belongs.

I was just thinking to myself this morning I would like a remote starter. Time to go find a thread on installing or various brands and recommendations. ArmyVetMP what remote starter are you using?

I have the Subaru OEM Remote Start, it works good, but is quite annoying in that once you use the Remote to start the vehicle, the moment you open a door or the front hood, the vehicle shuts off. Subaru says it is a safety measure, so the vehicle can't be stolen, etc. Though as we know, 90% of aftermarket Remote Starters allow you to open the door, but will shut off if the Brake Peddle is depressed before the key is in the ignition.

Archived