LegacyGT.com

Hello all....

I'm new to the forum but have been lurking in the background for the past couple months while I wrestled with what car I wanted to purchase. Well, the decision has finally been made and I'm picking up my new 2005 RBP LGT Limited sedan on Saturday. So, I guess now you are all stuck with me!!:icon_lol: Seriously though, there is a wealth of knowledge on this site and I want to thank you all in advance for helping me make my legacy all it can be and more.

In case anyone is wondering, I was choosing between a Volvo S60R, Mazdaspeed 6, Acura TL, VW Jetta GLI and the Subi. Wide range, I know. I just hope I made the right choice!

Brad

You'll enjoy it...I have been a big fan of the S60R why did you pick the Subie over it other than obviously price?

+1. I was also looking at several cars (Acura TL, Infiniti G35 sedan, and the LGT) and decided for the LGT because of teh best overall package, price dependant.

Kyle

You'll enjoy it...I have been a big fan of the S60R why did you pick the Subie over it other than obviously price?

Truth be told, the Volvo does not live up to it's performance figures. While quick, it definitely isn't a sub 6sec car to 60 as the manufacturer suggests. I liked the look of the Volvo, especially the interior, but the steering was vague and for a performance derived vehicle, baising the 4x4 toward the front wheels just seems counterintuitive.

Also, Volvo is very anti-mod friendly - which doesn't work for me.

I had been on the S60R forums for a while and it seems that although the owners seem to like their cars, they all seem to have some finicky problem with them. "Part of the ownership experience" - well, if I'm gonna pay that kind of money I'd want a quality product and not be part of the "look at me in my loaner". I think it comes down to the fact that Volvo is not used to building niche vehicles, but I think the next generation should be something to watch out for when it arrives.

You made the right choice. I came from an Audi A4, and I sincerely believe my LGT is head and shoulders above that car. If you want a relatively lightweight AWD sport sedan, the only competition, IMO, is the $40K+ BMW 330xi.

Welcome, and have fun!

Congrats! Drive it in good health!

Did you drive the MS6? If so, how did it compare to the LGT (even if it was auto :icon_frow )?

Cheers

05 SWP Legacy GT Limited (aka "Pearl")- 5MT AP - Stage 2 Protuned (238/284) - wife driven

07 BMW 335xi

welcome,

price wise i was looking more at S40 AWD rather than S60R too but felt the LGT would perform better. i didn't even test drive the S40. thought about Acura TL too but wanted AWD. make sure you get a rebate on that '05 was $2000 in NE recently

I test drove the S40 T5 AWD, I thought the seats were SO uncomfortable and I HATED the stupid ass console they have in there. I'm so glad I went with the Subie, I'm lovin her ;O)

Would have liked to have test drove the Acura RL which is AWD but the price tag was INSANE *lol*

Well, to be honest - price was a big issue in the decision. Originally I really wanted the Volvo, and I found I could get one for under $33K for a pretty much fully loaded car. They have incredible incentives on the R's since their marketing dept can't quite figure out what to do with them and the dealers can't sell them to the traditional Volvo clientel. Even so, the more I found out about the car and Volvo as a company, the less I liked. Plus there was that $8k difference in price.......:icon_bigg

Congrats! Drive it in good health!

Did you drive the MS6? If so, how did it compare to the LGT (even if it was auto :icon_frow )?

Cheers

Well, main reason I didn't decide on the MS6 was that Mazda just took too long releasing the car. The dealer near me just kept saying "a couple more weeks." But if I waited too much longer I wouldn't have been able to get the deal I got on my Legacy. As it was I found it pretty hard to find the car I wanted.....

Archived