LegacyGT.com

Just purchased a RHD 2000 Legacy GT-B E-tune wagon looking for some info

Hello just purchased a 2000 Legacy GT-B Etune wagon MT5 .does anybody have a bulb replacement guide ? And my second question is that when I was at wot there was some lag @3500 rpm then. Engine light came on ,Did this only 3 times but turning off the car the check engine light went away? Car only has 59,800kms on it 644a38ac880872fc6ad1112c5d62b4a8.jpg

Sent from my SM-G935W8 using Tapatalk

As far the diagnostic codes go, you are in need of a code scanner. Find out what the codes are. Otherwise, you are really flying blind. Your car should be OBD2 compliant, but looks like a Japanese import, so not positive on that. Try and get a Factory Service Manual in a language you can read. That will have diagnostic info.

Your car has two turbos. One is optimized for lower RPM, the other for higher RPM. The result is the power is not delivered smoothly at every RPM. There is a period of transition where the second turbo has not kicked in yet. That is probably what you are feeling.

It is better not to go WOT at lower RPMs on a turbo Subaru.. Learn to roll on the power gradually until the RPMs climb and the secondary turbo is spooled up. If you want to go WOT, keep the RPMs higher, that is where the power is.

P.S. Are you in Canada? It helps to put your location and a little info about your car in your profile. People can do a better job of answering questions that way.

P.S.S. The GT-Bs are tuned to run on Japanese high-octane fuel. You should use the highest octane, best quality fuel you can find in that car. I'm not sure what you meant by "Etune" but talking about stock.

P.S.S. The GT-Bs are tuned to run on Japanese high-octane fuel. You should use the highest octane, best quality fuel you can find in that car. I'm not sure what you meant by "Etune" but talking about stock.
They said at the dealer that it should be on no less then 91 octane ,highest octane without getting into race fuel is 94 octane

...Thanks for the info what happens if you wot at lower rpm?...

Well, there are turbo Subarus in general and your setup with the twin-turbos that is a bit of a special case. I don't know specifics of how your car is tuned, of course.

High load on a turbo Subaru at lower RPM is more strain on the engine. Because of the way Subaru tunes their engines, you are more likely to experience knock or detonation which you want to avoid to keep your motor healthy. Use a lower gear for WOT, your engine will be happier.

With twin-turbos, if you shift where most people are used to, say 3500 RPM, you will not get the best performance since your RPMs will drop back down into that transition zone where the secondary turbo is not really contributing much. For best power, try winding the motor out more and see what a difference it makes when the RPMs stay above 4000-4500.

Well, there are turbo Subarus in general and your setup with the twin-turbos that is a bit of a special case. I don't know specifics of how your car is tuned, of course.

High load on a turbo Subaru at lower RPM is more strain on the engine. Because of the way Subaru tunes their engines, you are more likely to experience knock or detonation which you want to avoid to keep your motor healthy. Use a lower gear for WOT, your engine will be happier.

With twin-turbos, if you shift where most people are used to, say 3500 RPM, you will not get the best performance since your RPMs will drop back down into that transition zone where the secondary turbo is not really contributing much. For best power, try winding the motor out more and see what a difference it makes when the RPMs stay above 4000-4500.

Thanks I will try that

They said at the dealer that it should be on no less then 91 octane ,highest octane without getting into race fuel is 94 octane

You'll want to be careful if you are running 91 octane, some 91 is not of a good enough quality. I have a Legacy GTB and my brother in-law has a Forester that we run on chevron 94 and have never had any knock or ping issues.

I'm also in Canada, Surrey area so gas should be same quality to where you are

You'll want to be careful if you are running 91 octane, some 91 is not of a good enough quality. I have a Legacy GTB and my brother in-law has a Forester that we run on chevron 94 and have never had any knock or ping issues.

I'm also in Canada, Surrey area so gas should be same quality to where you are

Thanks yes I filled up at 91 Petro can and I just refilled 94 at chevron.

Hello my buddy slapped a code reader on it after we went out for dinner .driving back to his house and the car went into limp mode check engine light I have a code 22 and a code 66 looks like I bought a lemon eh haha I'm going to run it by a shop when I get back from work in a couple of weeks hopefully they can get it working right.ae73dad9cd348aa42b64ba91a6b217ab.jpg

Archived