LegacyGT.com

STI Exhaust cams with stock turbo?

No need to change the intake cams, just the exhaust. No need for gears.

During my build the Sti springs were a late addition, but proved a good decision when with the higher RT, the 5EAT held RPMs up to near 7k before shifting.

Are those numbers with the 85 tune ?

Sent from my SM-G930W8 using Tapatalk

Yes, but I specifically told him to not go crazy on power, I have many race cars, this is not one of them, I went to E85 cause our 91 in CA is really bad. The car has the stock CAT and exhaust, stock intake, only thing it really has is the E85, a Racer X intercooler and a go fast bits blow off , and the STI cams. I dont need anymore power, am happy with it for now.

^ injector upgrade too right. I told Cryotune to back off on the power, since I wasn't ready to upgrade the clutch yet.

Right now, you better have two hands on the wheel when accelerating out of a turn.

Yes I did the ID 1050X and did the AEM pump in the tank. I want to ask for more boost so bad, kinda kills me to not go all out, but I have to keep telling myself its just a driver, I dont wanna make it another car I have to log and look at gauges, just wanna drive it. I said it in another thread, this is my favorite car I have, just love this car, handles great, runs great and is even getting 22.5 mpg on the E85.

Just stealing part numbers [emoji38]

Also if I'm buying new, do I need the retainers and seats? also how many springs will I need.

Retainers would be a good bet but not necessary, seals yes anytime you do valve work you should change the seals and you might as well lap the valve seats while your in there.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G920A using Tapatalk

Retainers would be a good bet but not necessary, seals yes anytime you do valve work you should change the seals and you might as well lap the valve seats while your in there.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G920A using Tapatalk

Thanks. I'm doing seals for sure and my mechanic is setting all of the valve clearances for both intake and exhaust. Might as well while he's in there !

Sent from my SM-G930W8 using Tapatalk

Archived