LegacyGT.com

4th gen wagon cargo cover and rear gate board

waikiki

hi all, I got an 07 wagon 2.5i about a month ago...

it did come with the retractable cargo cover, but not the rear gate board(part#65551AG03AJC) that attaches to the hatch.

as we wagon owners know, the retractable cover does not extend all the way to the hatch and leaves an open gap...

so items in the back can be seen from the outside....the rear gate board, solves this, and fills the gap.

Initially I was just going order the rear gate board, but after reading that they are easily damaged and seeing pics that it hangs low and

may get in the way....I considered, perhaps spending the money on tint might be a better solution.

just wondering, I've noticed that the cargo covers from other Subaru's such as 2010 Outback or 2008 Impreza have a 'flap' on the handle of the

retractable cover, which looks like it would cover the gap (why couldn't the legacy covers be like this?)...

does anyone know, if the cargo covers from either different year Legacy's or other Subaru models would fit (with slight modification) 4th gen wagons?

I might even consider buying a used cargo cover that has a 'flap' and "macgyver" it onto the handle of my cover.

Archived