LegacyGT.com

Kartboy solid rear end links?

wbrawley

Neither of the above, really. You might notice a slightly tighter transient steering response since there is less slop before the anti-sway bar begins working. This would pale in significance to having a firmer anti-sway bar.

Despite the hype, an end link is a simple mechanical linkage. Most of the time people raving about the handling difference are noticing the anti-sway bar they installed at the same time as the end links.

I have the Moog end links, BTW. The cost a fraction of the fancier ones. They are beefy & durable, with spherical bearings that can be greased. The main reason to replace end links is the old ones are getting noisy, sloppy or have broken.

Neither of the above, really. You might notice a slightly tighter transient steering response since there is less slop before the anti-sway bar begins working. This would pale in significance to having a firmer anti-sway bar.

Despite the hype, an end link is a simple mechanical linkage. Most of the time people raving about the handling difference are noticing the anti-sway bar they installed at the same time as the end links.

I have the Moog end links, BTW. The cost a fraction of the fancier ones. They are beefy & durable, with spherical bearings that can be greased. The main reason to replace end links is the old ones are getting noisy, sloppy or have broken.

Thanks Miles, I have the Moog Problem Solver end links on the front end with grease fittings and haven't had any problems.

So, would I be able to use the stock rear end links with a bigger bar? I know the bushings would be different and probably come with the bar.

Thanks Miles, I have the Moog Problem Solver end links on the front end with grease fittings and haven't had any problems.

So, would I be able to use the stock rear end links with a bigger bar? I know the bushings would be different and probably come with the bar.

You might find it hard to re-use them. They can be a pain to remove with that allen key bolt and things being rusted under there. Some people just cut the old ones off. Plus, the stock end links are kind of wimpy and may be wearing out by now. If you install new end links with a new bar you will be happier, IMHO.

The Moogs are on sale now:

https://www.amazon.com/Moog-K750023-Stabilizer-Bar-Link/dp/B001ILOFUG

You should install some reinforcement brackets on the rear if you upgrade the rear bar since this is a known weak spot on our cars. Look at AVO brackets P/N S1104M1HT001T. Somewhat expensive, but they do work well.

Archived