LegacyGT.com

Need help installing new audio system! :)

Sir.Phoenix

Hey guys, I'm new to the forums and this is my first post so help a brother out. :)

This may be a nooby question but any input is appreciated.

So I have a Liberty 2.5i MY04 Wagon.

I've just brought a kicker sub that came with an amp, a second amp for my door speakers and a new kenwood head unit. I've purchased the Liberty facia plate for the head unit.

I already have aftermarket door speakers, Alpines in the front and kickers in the back.

I've watched videos on youtube on how to install the headunit, sub and amps but am still slightly confused and need some clarification.

Exact models:

Headunit: Kenwood DPX-5000BT

Subwoofer and Amp Bundle: Kicker TC-10 Subwoofer, Amp Kicker DXA125.2

Door Speakers Amp: Kicker KXA4000.4

Front Door Speakers: Alpine SPS-610C

Back Door Speakers: Kicker KSC6504 6.5

Wiring Kit: Stinger SK4641

Distribution Block: http://www.ebay.com.au/itm/Stinger-Power-or-ground-Terminal-Distribution-Block-stereo-audio-4x4-camping-/201953385167?hash=item2f055c1acf:g:LuMAAOSwfVpYwuXA

Basically my question is how do I connect this all up?

Would this be correct?

. . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . ---Door Amp----Door Speakers--Head-Unit

Battery---Fuse----D-block---<

. . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . ---Sub Amp---------Sub ---------Head-Unit

And how would I go about wiring it so the amps and sub turn on and off with the head unit, would this head unit have enough power to start both amps without frying? And should i connect both amps together? I feel in over my head but would rather install myself than have someone else do it carelessly and charge an arm and a leg.

Tell me how you'd install my current set up, Thanks in advance for the help. :)

• 4 weeks later...

If your really not sure what your doing you should get someone to help you install. Your power is going to come direct from the battery for the amps. The HU just provides the switch to turn the amp on, remote switch.

Is that stinger kit wiring for one amp? If so you will need some more wire for the 2nd amp

I would get a 1 gauge lead off the battery to a split for two 4 gauge wires for both amps. Might be overkill for your amps but will be good for future upgrades. EAch should have their own fuse depending on amp size.

Preamps out of the head unit to the amps.

Wire amps to speakers/subs.

Keep speaker wires on other side of the amp wiring or middle otherwise you might get hum or alternator whine.

Archived