LegacyGT.com

The Official F1 Thread - V2

SBT

• Replies 972
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

It was Ferrari's fault for Vettel qualifying dismally... they wagered wrong with the intermediates.

As for him getting into it and spinning... I have to admit, he wasn't innocent but at the same time, I wouldn't consider it a racing incident either. From what I saw, if they didn't interlock tires/barge boards, he would've had tires in the grass. That's not leaving a competitor enough space.

Nils, Ferrari could fire Vettel. They would "just" have to pay off his contract, although I daresay that would eat into their budget.

I do think the Max/Seb thing was a racing incident, but Ferrari and Vettel have each made their fair share of mistakes the latter half of this season. The big difference between Alonso and Vettel is that Vettel doesn't complain publicly as much as Alonso did at Ferrari. If Fred (as Robin Miller called him at Indy) has had one major weakness, it is his moaning. It began at McLaren in 2007 when rookie Lewis beat him (and Alonso then exposed McLaren for having Ferrari's car plans) and has continued ever since.

Edited by KartRacerBoy

What really did bug me during the race was Max thinking that Kimi should have backed off when Max did a shortcut over the grass - even after the race.

Max may be fast, but he seem to be a bit too aggressive in his style causing trouble for others.

453747.png

Three haikus by Kimi, published at Suzuka this past weekend.

Radio silent

Quiet radio

Very obvious things

Is not necessary

The circuit

Wide in some places

Narrow at the others

It depends

Where you are

Finland

In summer there's fishing

In winter

The fishing is bad

Thank you, Will Buxton!

Edited by KartRacerBoy

Three haikus by Kimi, published at Suzuka this past weekend.

Radio silent

Quite radio

Very obvious things

Is not necessary

The circuit

Wide in some places

Narrow at the others

It depends

Where you are

Finland

In summer there's fishing

In winter

The fishing is bad

Thank you, Will Buxton!

http://finlandnaturally.com/seasons/winter/ice-fishing-in-finland-is-an-exotic-way-to-enjoy-nature/

453747.png

I'm disappointed. Disillusioned. I wanted a fight to the end, or at least nearer to the end of the season. I feel like I was sold a fight to the end, and I want my money back.

I'll watch the next four races, probably.... but i'll cut back on watching the prerace stuff, maybe even fast forward to Q3. Although though Sky's pre race show is arguably more entertaining than some of the races have been. With Hamilton essentially locking it up, the entertainment value goes way down for me.

Hey a good race is a good race. Nowadays the racing is between the race for best of the rest (anyone not of the top 3 teams). I like rooting for Haas to take P4 in the constructors championship over Renault. Or watching anyone try to pass Sirotkin or Magnusson. There's still plenty of good stuff for the last four races.

And I hope for a Kimi win, but I know it won't happen. But I watch anyway!

And I hope for a Kimi win, but I know it won't happen. But I watch anyway!

This, especially. Just so I can hear him say something like "I won because I was fastest, I don't know what else you want me to say. Don't make it so complicated" or something on the podium when Couthard won't shut up. :lol:

I too root for Haas because 'merica.

I don't know why I saw it just now (I guess it's a couple years old) but the in-car footage of Darrell Waltrip in a V8 Supercar at Bathurst? Man, that shit's funny.

Williams signs Russell to drive alongside Sirotkin in 2019. That puts the pin in it for Kubica. Russell is a Merecedes boy so that makes the engines cheaper.

https://www.motorsport.com/f1/news/williams-signs-russell-for-2019-f1-season/3193714/

I'm not sure what they are thinking...thats 3 years in a row starting the season with at least one green unseasoned F1 rookie. Do they not see that they are at the back of the grid already when 3 years ago they were sometimes challenging for podiums?

I'm not sure what they are thinking...thats 3 years in a row starting the season with at least one green unseasoned F1 rookie. Do they not see that they are at the back of the grid already when 3 years ago they were sometimes challenging for podiums?

It's about the money - young talented driver comes with attached money that the team needs. The driver is a lot cheaper than an experienced well-known driver that's more expensive.

453747.png