LegacyGT.com

The Official F1 Thread - V2

SBT

• Replies 972
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Dafuq? You a mad man.

LeClerc will go to Ferrari as a reserve to learn from Kimi and Vettel and become acclimatized to Ferrari. Kimi will race for Ferrari in 2019. Giovanizza or whatever his name is will go to Sauber to race in 2019.

Well, I was close. Bwoh!

I desperately hope this doesn't turn into an Alonso/McLaren downgrade.

I also hope this doesn't guarantee Mercedes taking the constructor's championship easily next year... I see Ferrari competing more with RBR now without a consistent podium finisher in Kimi.

A fresh young driver will put more pressure on Vettel to stop making mistakes that cost him podiums and wins. Being upstaged by a World Champ is much less embarrassing than being upstaged by a youngin with no podiums. How will Vettel handle that pressure?

I understand Kimi being moved to Sauber, but I don't love it. I wonder if it still would have happened if Kimi had won Monaco.

no no, I'm not saying that. I'm saying when the car Leclerc is driving is one of the best 4 on the track and Vettel takes himself out in one of his now infamous first lap "sorry guys" farkups, Leclerc will have a good chance of walking to a podium.

Honda - RBR though... Please please please be good and make this a 6 car battle.

no no, I'm not saying that. I'm saying when the car Leclerc is driving is one of the best 4 on the track and Vettel takes himself out in one of his now infamous first lap "sorry guys" farkups, Leclerc will have a good chance of walking to a podium.

Honda - RBR though... Please please please be good and make this a 6 car battle.

Yeah but what if Leclerc is like Kvyat was with RBR? Supposedly great but doesn't perform when he gets the ride?

I know you're not saying Leclerc is that but everyone else seems to be. I just don't see it.

A somewhat interesting Singapore GP, mostly becz of the clown antics of Sirotkin and Perez. Not much passing up front but some interesting battles out of the points positions.

I know Martin Brundle has been complaining that the DRS is too strong at other tracks. Seems like here, the opposite was true. Some passing would have been nice.

I was hoping Max would torpedo himself into Hamilton at the start and give Vettel the win. Perez boned Vettel after Vettel's pit stop.

Other than Perez and Sirotkin, what a boring race, and I usually really enjoy Singapore.

I rooting for Lewis and against Vettel/Ferrari, but I almost always root against Ferrari Kimi is an exception. I would like to see him win this season.

Verstappen had an awesome race in that underpowered car.

I thought Vettel might start crying in the post race interview. But still six races to go. If Hamilton has a problem in one race, Seb could be right back in it.

From Turn 2 at Sonoma today. Beginning of the 2nd restart after the safety car around Lap 50 (35 to go). Rossi was up to 12th at this stage and after the last set of pit stops was up to 5th but finished 7th IIRC. Enjoyed seeing some red hot glowing rotors on Bourdei's car in the closing stages from the Turn 9 chicane.

7400c5f73b016ce7257b765200b07b23.jpg53f1b9d9068c6a28a1eb63c3b6d46273.jpg

Edited by GTEASER

Toto Wolff of Mercedes wants to able to run three cars to give young drivers a chance. I had ideas how to do this so the lesser teams didn't get screwed out of points/money by the top teams sweeping the top 9 places, but this article presents a better idea. Make the big teams pay the little teams to run a third driver in the little teams' cars.

https://racer.com/2018/09/20/medland-could-this-fix-f1s-young-driver-problem/