LegacyGT.com

Subaru B5 concept Impreza Hatchback

rossodave

Yeah, there is really no evidence that the B5 will be the next Impreza.

Whats more likely is that the Impreza and Legacy will get a bump in size, and the new WRC car will be based on the B5. And, of course, they will sell WRX and STi version of the B5.

Original info Here:

http://legacygt.com/forums/showthread.php?t=19587

I'd be willing to bet money that this B5 is showing the future Impreza direction. It has the same exterior dimensions of the current Impreza with the wheelbase of the Legacy. Subaru stated they were going to use the Legacy chassis for the next Impreza.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

• 3 weeks later...
One word to dispel the panic...

"CONCEPT"

:)

... and that's exactly what I was thinking when I first saw pictures of the new 350z from nissan a few years back. Only to realize that they barely changed the exterior and interior before final production. Personally, coming from owning a Z31 and Z32, that 350z is UGLY!!! That's exactly why I went for my subaru. I just hope Subaru doesn't do the same and disappoint it's loyal fans.

-Fred

... and that's exactly what I was thinking when I first saw pictures of the new 350z from nissan a few years back. Only to realize that they barely changed the exterior and interior before final production. Personally, coming from owning a Z31 and Z32, that 350z is UGLY!!! That's exactly why I went for my subaru. I just hope Subaru doesn't do the same and disappoint it's loyal fans.

-Fred

You are in the vast minority for thinking a 350z is an ugly car.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

The B4

...well, you're entitled to your own opinion. However, if you understood the premise for bringing the "Z" back, it was designed to "capture" the essence of all the "Z" models S30-Z32. You compare what the past has designed to what is offered now... the design cues hint almost nothing to it's lineage. Performance wise, nissan speculated at an engine producing the same 0-60 times as the twinturbo Z32 (5.5 sec). Not many who have tested the 350z were able to come up with numbers as advertised. Of course handling has improved, but most cars do with newer technology. I grew up working on Nissan motors and early "Z's", but I just can't get myself to like what they did with the current model... now the G35 coupe is my cup of tea.

-Fred

Archived