LegacyGT.com

Bye Bye Legacy... Hello 2018 WRX

Yes its doing its job.

Quicker in cutting a corner and hardly no understeer. (dry surface)

Haven't driven in snow yet.

I wouldn't say "no" understeer... coming from the guy who has a vette setup for STU class in autocross. I had a 2013 WRX and 2013 STI (also prepped for STU autocross) previously and I've driven newer STI's. You can definitely feel the difference between all platforms.

The WRX platform closes the gap even more between the WRX and STI... but they are still notably different.

Since I have a vette for fun (track and autocross), the WRX is more my street vehicle and I do travel a bit for work. I just couldn't justify the ~$10k difference between the limited STI and WRX for what I needed the WRX to do.

I went from my 5th gen LGT wagon to a '17 STi and I'm really enjoying it. I have it at STG2 with an ELH and catted DP which makes it a great DD drive. I enjoy my commute every day and I have done a number of long road trips.

Since I put the Koni inserts and RCE blacks on my wagon, I find the ride on the STi is not too far off in terms of stiffness. The road noise is noticeably higher on the STi and the stereo correspondingly worse. I find the seats much more comfortable for long distance. I have a sensitive back, and it was easy to put in 14hr driving days. It has very good cargo capacity for what it is, but obviously not equal to wagon. I could easily fit my Summer rims plus all my luggage on a coast-to-coast trip.

Sweet wagon. I love wagons. I had a dodge magnum for a while, great utility but got bored with no manual option. Both my 2013's were hatchbacks. I tried to find a 06/07 Limited wagon at one point, but most of them are pretty used around here.

I'm hoping we get a WRX/STI hatchback or wagon with the next platform. Until then, I'll be enjoying this WRX.

I'd like a real LGT wagon - But I realize that's a segment of 10 people

I could definitely go for a LGT wagon. My 2013 Hatchback's we're a tad small for my liking. I loved the size of my Magnum (that's what she said :lol: )... drove it for 7 years. I'm definitely a wagon guy. I tried the CTS wagon, but I was not impressed. A CTS-V wagon kinda defeats the purpose because RWD in New England...

I find 4th gen legacy interior size to be perfect. Then again I am 5'-10". My 6'+ buddy has a lot of trouble sitting comfortably in the passenger seat. I like the design of the new WRXs but wish they'd try to take on the Audi A6 & BMW 5 series with a fast, sporty luxury sedan. Something in the $38K-50K range would be ideal

Same - my friend who is 6'4" did not have a good time riding in the passenger seat for 11 hours on a fishing trip this summer. This car was designed with Japanese men in mind, not Europeans/people of European descent. The real problem is that the passenger seat maddeningly doesn't have any seat height adjustment, so tall people have no thigh support.

Archived