LegacyGT.com

Asking for a friend

So my brother has a 1st gen forester with a 2 inch body lift and some 29 inch all terrain tires on it and he wants more power as well as a good amount of low end torque. He says a good power range for him is about 250 horse or more. He's wondering what is the cheapest engine swap to make the most power reliably. The H6 swap has been considered a lot but he's worried about the difficulty of it. He's basically just looking for the biggest bang for your buck when it comes to engine swaps. Any input?

He's not thinking of building naturally aspirated power he's more along the lines of what engine to swap. He definitely wants to swap but wants to know what's popular and what works best for a 1st gen forester

He's too far into that forester to sell it lol

+1 on the FXT swap. It's got an EJ255 under the hood with the same TD04 turbo from the WRX making ~224 HP. Swap over a VF39 from a 04-06 STI, fuel injector upgrades, catless downpipe and you can make close to 300 pretty easy.

Now I would consider doing a EZ30 swap on a Forester. In fact, I'm contemplating that on my 2002: EZ30 or WRX/FXT swap

Archived