LegacyGT.com

P0302, p0000 new squeak noise

Hello,

Today my check engine light came on and is giving me the codes p0302 (misfire cylinder 2) and p0000 (?). There's a new squeak/squeal kinda noise that i had not heard before. I recently got the p0011 code and took the downpipe off to check the turbo which was fine, I took out the banjo bold filter and changed the oil, sent it to Blackstone labs came back with a glowing report despite the age of the oil. The previous owner didn't change the oil even though he told me he would before I bought it. Put the whole thing back together and she purred like a kitten. I've driven ~500 miles since then and these new codes came on. I noticed the clamp on the intercooler hose was very loose, even though I'm sure I had tightened it, I tightened it back up but I'm guessing that would've caused a leak. The sound seems to be coming from the down pipe area and only occurs when in reverse (when the brake is pressed and not moving) or in drive while moving. It kinda sounds like maybe some screws are loosening and there's metal rubbing together. I used a torque wrench on evert bolt I could find a rating for, but I left out some of the heat shield screws because I lost me or broke but I think that's only 3 missing

It's pretty rusty, any reason it would start doing that today or why it would only do it in reverse when not moving? I drove it ~180 miles didn't notice it then, drove it around town but had music playing. Could this misfire do major damage if I drive it back home tomorrow? I put about 6 oz of Lucas injector cleaner and added ~8 gallons of gas which is about twice their recommendation, could that cause a misfire? How do I upgrade the scanner? I just used the built in one

Need more info to say anything about the misfire. Most common is a coil, you can check that by swapping coils.

The rusted-out brace is attached to the transmission. Move the tranny a certain way, put stress on the brace. Make it squeak.

Check the tranny mounts and engine mounts.

If the brace is rusted out and falls off when you unbolt it, throw it away and forget about it. Don't need it.

Took the bracket off but I think I found the squeak elsewhere, it appears that the air filter housing is loose and is rubbing something. I tightens that hose clamp and The cel turned off and she's still running fine then it came back on again about 200 miles later havnt gotten a chance to change the coils yet but will soon. Also gonna check all hoses for a leak if neither of those I'll keep moving down the list, very low on $$$ at the moment so I have to start free then go to most likely but still semi cheap

Archived