LegacyGT.com

New Massachusetts Inspection process - October 2017

sigmafour

Hey. Been a while indeed. Doubt it. My LGT(s) have not had inspections issues, though I have an APv1 based tune. I doubt you'll have problem since I bet Cobb retains proper ROM ID with their AP (or at least I hope so). I think the Evo guys were running Euro ROMs or something. Unless the shop is a shitty one, I doubt you'll have problems with that. But let us know how you do...

That’s good news! My car has been at signal motor sports in Salem... the general consensus I have had is it is in good hands, but I’ve been sweating the inspection process! My mufflers are a little bit conspicuous visually... think hot dog in a hallway, but swap in a grapefruit or cantaloupe for the hot dog!

I guess just make sure all OBD2 sensors are ready. You'll have to drive it first some and check with a better OBD2 reader. Don't go with unready sensors because then you risk a visit at a MAC potentially. Few years back I had this issue - they failed me for emissions and had to come back. But better safe than sorry and avoid potential MAC triggers.

I am following up on the email you recently received from Applus regarding the commencement of camera Installs for roll-out of the video portion of the program in February of 2018.

Please be sure your facility is ready when the Applus technician arrives for installation. You can expect a notice from them 2-3 days in advance; however, I would like to suggest that you tend to this as soon as possible to prevent any delay or interruption in your ability to inspect vehicles.

Station Requirements:

· Allow access to the inspection bay for installation. The process takes about one hour, however, the workstation is needed for only a short time to ensure that the cameras are aimed properly.

· Have all camera brackets attached firmly to the specified positions on the walls.

· CAT5 camera cables are complete and installed with RJ-45 connectors on ALL cable ends.

Remember, once the cameras are installed the three bay camera images will appear on the workstation at the beginning of each test. However, the images will not be recorded or streaming at this time. You will receive additional information regarding the startup of the in-bay cameras which is expected to begin in mid-February.

• I Donated Too
It wasn't as bad as I predicted, they don't lift the hood and seem more concerned about the lights (can't have HID's on a car it wasn't designed for) and they look at ride height but otherwise all my mods passed and they didn't much care as long as the ECU plug said everything was okay.

• 2 months later...
Hey all sorry for the resurrection of this but thought I’d get an update from the community on how things have been going for inspections? I was considering getting the nameless exhaust 5” and just wanted to see if anyone is running this without any issues for inspections.

• 3 weeks later...

Archived