LegacyGT.com

modified bezel

brdaaw

would the trip computer display fit in that cubby area of the metra dash kit? I dont think it will, but I dont havea metra kit to test fit, or even eyeball it...hopefully one of you guys could chime in.

It's great that there's an option now, but the integrated look is so sexy compared to this.:icon_wink

• Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply

It wouldn't fit without modifying the Metra kit. The cubby is too wide and doesn't have enough height to accomodate the clock etc.

would the trip computer display fit in that cubby area of the metra dash kit? I dont think it will, but I dont havea metra kit to test fit, or even eyeball it...hopefully one of you guys could chime in.

It's great that there's an option now, but the integrated look is so sexy compared to this.:icon_wink

• 2 weeks later...
update...i primed and sanded the bezel. i cant decide whether to go with the factory silver paint or flat black. i would like to make all of you who got the slightly miss colored metra kit jealous:icon_bigg . the fact is that it came out smooth as glass with almost zero defects. so, i think i can go wiht a glossy factory looking silver. im waiting on subaru to get back to me on the paint number(s).

primed.JPG.61bae99415ad234c8348b986692ec7f1.JPG

cut.JPG.92e38e0c4e5d40ce04db0a003d761adf.JPG

rough.JPG.9f165ce77a209281fee03b1fc4bef589.JPG

What is the area aove the alpine stereo for? Also how hard was the install? Is this something I could do myself, or did it require soldering etc.?

I am psyched. I was seriously considering having an audio store custom build a panel and install the Alpine iPod HU. Now its gonna cost much less especially if I can do it myslef.

There is a cubby above the din opening. It was fairly easy to install, although I had already taken the factory stereo out once before. I think you could definitely do it yourself. I bought an antenna adapter and s subaru wiring harness that I soldered to the alpine wiring harness. I used the alpine ipod interface ($99) with the dock connecter running into the glove box. Hope this helps...

What is the area aove the alpine stereo for? Also how hard was the install? Is this something I could do myself, or did it require soldering etc.?

I am psyched. I was seriously considering having an audio store custom build a panel and install the Alpine iPod HU. Now its gonna cost much less especially if I can do it myslef.

• 4 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
i just put in 8264 eclipse components powered by a memphis amp and a 12 inch mtx sub powered by an old earthquake amp into my car. it sounds super clean and full. ive also got an alpine HU that you can see in my earlier post. i also dynamatted the piss out of my doors/trunk. i know that i didnt need that much but i got an awesome deal on the dynamat (2 sets of full door dynamat extreme kits for 60 bucks cash) and had nothing else to do wiht it. i had to make some wood wedges to angle the tweets just right to get a great sound image...but that was pretty easy. i also needed a 1 inch spacer for the woofers. i decided to put the factor speakers to death-by-dremel and epoxy the plastic piece to the spacer so i could mount the speaker/spacer/factoryplasticpiece assembley. a little hoopty ghetto but it works great! i will put up some eye candy for you guys. ps-of course i ran all new speaker wire too.:) ...yay, my car doesnt sound like ass anymore!:lol: oh, and i almost forgot...i hardwired the belkin auto adapter so that the connector comes out of my center arm rest. the rca out goes straight into my HU.

ipod.jpg.0c39895aeda9990d46e2c9eeb04d46da.jpg

installed.jpg.d8488c1a16ae37641c881ffcf9e096a9.jpg

soldered.jpg.1710022bac14f8da24c57d2751fc949e.jpg

wedge.jpg.1f970dec3593098fef5e4b93524db310.jpg

1039461878_soldered2.jpg.67846c5b72a9e71cf35d24c0a1f5ee9b.jpg

dynamatleft.jpg.4d62120de8bbfb20b1114c981596f4cf.jpg

well i have my metra dash kit and i sanded it down a bit and then decided i was just going to use the cleansweep i already had :lol:

So If anyone wants to pick up a sanded metra kit from me (with ALL hardware) let me know. Basically im forcing you to paint it the actual interior color which is different than the metra color :icon_bigg

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
Does anyone know where I could find a version of this kit that will accomodate the dual climate zone controls in the 2006 Limited? Thanks!

LOL. :icon_bigg

No. A search of le forum will reveal that this is a big annoynace for anyone with the dual zone controls.

Short story: the audio system and the climate control system are a single integrated unit. You cannot remove one witout removing the other.

Feel free to write a letter to SOA and let them know how you feel about that.

Browsing the audio forum will show you the options avaaible to you.

My install: http://www.funkbasealpha.com/gallery.htm

-Ian

• 3 weeks later...
update...i primed and sanded the bezel. i cant decide whether to go with the factory silver paint or flat black. i would like to make all of you who got the slightly miss colored metra kit jealous:icon_bigg . the fact is that it came out smooth as glass with almost zero defects. so, i think i can go wiht a glossy factory looking silver. im waiting on subaru to get back to me on the paint number(s).

bump for an update!! what it look like now?

-- yay for the sig! --

my garage!

• 3 months later...
no. i kind of like it the way it is. you cant tell from the pic but there is a nice rough (not too rough) texture to it. i dont really care for too much silver (or too much black) in the interior

Archived