LegacyGT.com

WRC: Monte Carlo

EJ20H-TT

I concur the the environmental aspect. Damn hippy tree-huggers. What was really good was a program on ABC on I think Friday night by John Stossel about the 10 biggest misconceptions. [url=http://abcnews.go.com/sections/2020/2020/myths_john_stossel_040123-1.html]LINK[/url] The environment is supposedly actually getting cleaner, but many would like us to think not. That doesn't mean racing is a bad thing, it spurs money into companies like Subaru, allows bigger R&D budgets and shows more interest, not only for the fast cars, but also for the environmentally friendly models potentially. I really think there is a place for a Subaru hybrid that looks similar to any other car, but is ultra-efficient for commuting and other tasks that require lots of driving with minimal maintainence. That form of racing would bring much interest to these companies and bring so many new questions to the front with new interest that could be very benefitial to the environmental side. I really hope WRC comes to the U.S. by 2010. There are so many good roads!

F1 determines their CO2 emissions and plants an equal number of trees every year to offset that. Maybe the WRC could do the same thing and shut the crybabies up. No offense to the environment, I kayak, ride, and hike, but the fanatics are unreasonable, non-sensical, and hypocritical (how many vegans have you met with leather shoes?). Steve

I hope I don't have to meet any. :lol: Was an interesting Rally MC to watch this evening. The Peugot actually looks a bit better to me than the previous. :) And the Mitsu, although really ugly and odd looking compared to our normal thoughts, it has potential. Things that they really need though are an active center diff, and the tiptronic AT like the others, though in reliable form. Its really interesting that the Peugeots now run a 4-speed tranny and are wicked agressive. They really must be making a buttload more torque. Decent way to start the season off. :)

[quote name='evolutionmovement']F1 determines their CO2 emissions and plants an equal number of trees every year to offset that. Maybe the WRC could do the same thing and shut the crybabies up. No offense to the environment, I kayak, ride, and hike, but the fanatics are unreasonable, non-sensical, and hypocritical (how many vegans have you met with leather shoes?). Steve[/quote] It's not about emissions as that is made much worse from normal traffic. It is the noise and the "disturbance" to the natural habitat. The Sierra Club is a dificult bunch. Rim of the World would make a great location because it is close enough to a TON of motorsports/rally enthusiasts. I wonder what Pro-Rally location gets the highest attendance. That would probably the best location for WRC.

Archived