LegacyGT.com

99 GTB low beams dead

Hey all first time posting, I have an issue with my legacy GTB. Rev a.

Last night my low beam lights just completely died, today I looked at all the fuses and replaced any that were linked to the headlights just in case, relays seemed fine, the headlights we're getting power as far as I could see with my basic light tester.

Pulled one of the headlights out and inspected the bulb which is an hid, no corrosion or anything they seemed fine?

What is next to try?

Sent from my K3 Note using Tapatalk

Should mention that I managed to get the left side going by turning lights on and off, but if I turned them off it wouldn't come back on and can't get it back on.

I'm not really sure what good bulbs should look like. I really need to get it sorted though

Sent from my K3 Note using Tapatalk

It could be the HID bulb or the ballast. Chances are it's the bulb. In my experience with troubleshooting HIDs, my old car had a bulb that would fire every time you turned on the lights UNTIL you turned them off and immediately back on then the driver side would fail to fire, had to let it sit a few minutes.

The passenger side then developed an issue where if I hit a bump hard enough it would kill the bulb. Ironically, hitting another bump would allow it to fire back up.

Try replacing the bulbs. HIDs are really finicky.

Archived