LegacyGT.com

So is the wait driving anyone crazy yet?

I would call him. I ordered mine on July 12th, and was quoted 4-6 weeks. Although it hasn't been that long, I call the dealer every week (usually Wednesday) to find out if he has any status on the car. I did receive a call from the guy today, stating that Subaru has just released a promotion for 48mo's at 3.9% for the new legacy, but that's gonna be too difficult, since the payment would go up by about $100 or so. Doesn't seem like a heck of a lot, and it's a year less of payments, but, nah, I will stick to the 60 months deal I got thru E-loan (care of lendingtree.com). Oh, and of course, the dealer has no status on the car, and claims that he will call me next Monday, to let me know when it 'might' be coming in. Later, i.

[quote name='inthedeck']I would call him. I ordered mine on July 12th, and was quoted 4-6 weeks. Although it hasn't been that long, I call the dealer every week (usually Wednesday) to find out if he has any status on the car. I did receive a call from the guy today, stating that Subaru has just released a promotion for 48mo's at 3.9% for the new legacy, but that's gonna be too difficult, since the payment would go up by about $100 or so. Doesn't seem like a heck of a lot, and it's a year less of payments, but, nah, I will stick to the 60 months deal I got thru E-loan (care of lendingtree.com). Oh, and of course, the dealer has no status on the car, and claims that he will call me next Monday, to let me know when it 'might' be coming in. Later, i.[/quote] lol - i would call every tue and thu (thats when they get the shipments in) but i dont want to be an ass to the guy, ya know? but i guess its MY car cuz I paid for it, right?

exactly...if you put in a deposit, and that was via credit card (I assume), then you are paying interest on the $500 or so at 'x' %, which they never give you back. I wouldn't care about being a pain, dealers are just the same as well. Now, imagine they had 10 of the same cars like the one you ordered. I am betting that they would be calling you, multiple times, to get you to come in and take the car off their hands...correct? by the way, llmask, where'd you get the car from? given that you are in the city? if you don't mind my asking? Maybe mine will come in around the time that yours does...given that trucks to NY come in every so often. later, i.

[quote name='inthedeck']exactly...if you put in a deposit, and that was via credit card (I assume), then you are paying interest on the $500 or so at 'x' %, which they never give you back. I wouldn't care about being a pain, dealers are just the same as well. Now, imagine they had 10 of the same cars like the one you ordered. I am betting that they would be calling you, multiple times, to get you to come in and take the car off their hands...correct? by the way, llmask, where'd you get the car from? given that you are in the city? if you don't mind my asking? Maybe mine will come in around the time that yours does...given that trucks to NY come in every so often. later, i.[/quote] PM sent

[quote name='SUBE555']Looks like someone needs to clean their garage out, just a little![/quote] I wish I had a garage to clean out... :( Oh well off street parking will have to do for now...
"Gimme mines Balboa...Gimme mines".....Clubber Lang - Mr. T

Archived