LegacyGT.com

5EAT with 340whp

trk97

Hey guys.

I'm a novice when it comes to drivetrain so I need a bit of help here.

I've got a 2008 LGT 2.5 turbo with a 5EAT.

Heres a list of mods which will be going on shortly:

-Full turbo back exhaust

-1.75" Perrinuppipe

-X02 FMIC (might have to go aftermarket TMIC though)

-Kinugawa TD05-20G turbo

-K&N Cold Air Intake kit

-Cobb 3 port solenoid

-1000cc IJ injectors (These are a bit overkill, but I got a good deal, so I'll just tone it down in the tune)

-DW300 fuel pump

-Transmission oil cooler

-Dyno tune

From the forum searching I've done, I should be spitting out about 300-340 hp at the wheels with the above.

I want to do a 6mt conversion, but apparently its very difficult on these models due to a missing crossmember and the ECU not liking new toys which makes it very expensive.

I never put my foot flat down, I always ease into it so I'm not accelerating super quick (as I already get a bit of slip foot down without the oil cooler in sports#). But I do want the ability to go foot down every once in a while.

I'm going to lighten the throttle response a little bit to help ease into the power a bit more. I've also spoken to the dude from Hexmods. He's referred me to this post: https://www.facebook.com/HexMods/posts/1122201614476750. I'm not gonna raise the rev limiter because apparently the rods hate being spun over 7k revs, so I'll be looking at a lower fuel cut and boost cut for the shifts.

Now my question is whether my transmission will hold, and if so, how much reliability am I losing?

If you guys think its not going to hold for too long, what do you guys recommend apart from a new transmission?

Also, any other issues you guys think I might have with delivering that much power.

I should also mention that the entire engine was rebuilt 30,000kms ago and has a brand new short block (purchased brand new from Wingers Subaru).

I'm also wondering what sort of boost pressures I should be using. I'm planning to use about 6psi for intelligent mode, but I don't know what sort of pressures I should be using for sports and sports #. I'd assume that I shouldn't go far above 16psi. I'll move this to the turbo thread later if I need to.

Try to get a hold of member "throttlehappy" - you may also find him on the ECUflash/romraider forums. He's from Australia, and does some torque management with tunes.

OTOH, with 340 whp and no valve body, it's pretty much going to be a tossup - might slip/break, might not.

IPT claims to do it for those years but they actually don't do anything and charge a fortune for it. for 5EAT I would recommend ed at xrttuning. No offense to throttlehappy but when it comes to the 5EAT his control of the transmission behavior is far inferior. He's a good tuner but not quite as good with the 5EAT

Sent from my VS986 using Tapatalk

IPT claims to do it for those years but they actually don't do anything and charge a fortune for it. for 5EAT I would recommend ed at xrttuning. No offense to throttlehappy but when it comes to the 5EAT his control of the transmission behavior is far inferior. He's a good tuner but not quite as good with the 5EAT

Sent from my VS986 using Tapatalk

Take a look at the CT table that <tuner that shall not be named> used and compare it to what the OEM was trying to do. You may not like what you see.

Oddly enough throttlehappy's post history is gone, is he another not allowed to talk about person now?

Yeah...they've cracked down..there are no other tuners besides him and west minist who really tune 5EATs but since they don't pay vendors fees they can't post

Eh, there are but you have to activly seek them out. They dont advertise their services on here.

Really any open source tuner with the correct defintions file could do this. The proper way is to adjust the CT/RT tables based on how modifications change output, then tweak that based on observed shift changes. Or there are some cruder ways that some people were paying good money for....

I'd be happy to find the tables for you if they arent publically defined for your ROM. Then you can have the tuner of your choice try it.

Archived