LegacyGT.com

RBS Aero Sports Grill

PhiTauFord

Soooo . . . after a week of waiting my RBS grill has just arrived from DHL. :D I will take some pics once it is installed. The grill has the same mounting points as the stock grill so it should literally take 10 minutes (tops) to install.

It is extremely light weight so i'll drop a few lbs . . . not the reason to get the grill but a plus none the less.

the install is pretty straight forward, the only thing is, without those clips that supported the top of the bumperskin...you may have to shim the bumperskin (between the bumperskin and bumperfoam) to even up the gap between the bumper and grill...

there should of been a strip of white foam in the box...some have had to shim theirs, others haven't...

i used a strip of compress cardboard...evens it out perfectly...

hope that helps

~Sucka-Duck~

Installation was straight up. I do have a little bit of sagging in the middle and a small gap on the driver side, but nothing that I am too upset about. I will post pictures once I get home this evening (hopefully there will be enough light).

I just put my grill on this weekend too. The only mounting points for RBS grill are the 2 bolts and the 2 pop pins. When I first mounted it up I was a little annoyed with the gaps at the top and bottom. I pretty much fixed the bottom with some super strong 3m double sided tape, but you can still see very small gaps at the far sides. As for my gill coming with foam in the box to shim it up, mine didn't seem to come with anything but the grill. Still curious as to how I can bring the top flush with the top of the hood. With my bottom being pulled down in a direction it doesn't want to go, it's going to be hard to do the same with the top. Clips at the top would be nice, but it's still a nice grill nontheless.

I just put my grill on this weekend too. The only mounting points for RBS grill are the 2 bolts and the 2 pop pins. When I first mounted it up I was a little annoyed with the gaps at the top and bottom. I pretty much fixed the bottom with some super strong 3m double sided tape, but you can still see very small gaps at the far sides. As for my gill coming with foam in the box to shim it up, mine didn't seem to come with anything but the grill. Still curious as to how I can bring the top flush with the top of the hood. With my bottom being pulled down in a direction it doesn't want to go, it's going to be hard to do the same with the top. Clips at the top would be nice, but it's still a nice grill nontheless.

Agreed. Mine didn't come with any foam, and clips would be fantastic. I'm not too concerned with the gap. If it really starts to bother me i'll take a look at shimming the bumper up if i can. Not too interested in anything with the word adhesive.

I got this grill too. Looks awesome painted to match perfectly. I used a piece of stick-on foam weatherstripping to fill in the underneath of the grill. No issues, had it on there for 3 months. Lets all say it again, "these cars should come this way".
"Barack Obama, mothaf#%@a! Barack Obama! I'm the president...of hittin' the ass!" -this is not a political view it's merely a quote from a hilarious tv show.

Just wanted to know what you all meant by the term shimming? Also what is the best way to eliminate the gap from between the bumper and the grille that forms at the bottom section? CAn anyone post what particular tape / other products you used and how you used it to anchor everything possibly?

Thanks

you coming out to In&Out tonight...if so i can show what i did with my grille!

basically putting a thin piece of something between the bumper foam reinforcement and the underside of the bumperskin to push the bumper skin up uniformally with the lower edge of the rbs grille. does that help?!?

:)

~Sucka-Duck~

Archived