LegacyGT.com

A Few Questions about Legacy packages/options.

..Ken

First, Why is it that the navigation package is only available to the automatic transmission Legacy GT's?

Second, What is the 5EAT that I see in some of the vehicle descriptions of this forum's users?

Third, When I go to the Subaru website, I only see the 2.5i and 2.5 GT Limited. But some people mention owning a 2.5 GT Non-Limited. (okay, so I didn't state this in a question form, no biggie :p .)

Fourth, What other warranty options do they have besides the new car basic coverage warranty? I mean, come on, 3 years or 36,000 miles?!

I appreciate any help. :cool:

1) Most likely cost. Many other manufacterers do it. You can get the spec.B manual/nav.

2) 5 speed Electronic Automatic Transmission.

3) 2.5 GT Non-limited was a 2005 only model, you may still find one if you look.

4) Not sure.

Warranty of the car and parts is 3 years 36,000 miles. Extend warranty you can buy for about $1500 bucks is 6 year / 60,000 miles.

This can't be extended to anything longer? I drive quite a bit each day and I'm sure I'll hit 60,000 in a significantly shorter time than 6 years.

How does the 5EAT compare to the manual? Are there any problems with the auto transmission? any recalls on the Legacy? I'm looking at purchasing a new car and the Legacy is on my top three at the moment. I'm trying to do as much research as I can before I can make a decision.

The warranty is 3 years/36k miles - covering EVERYTHING including brake rotors, clutch, light bulbs, and even windshield wipers.

The powertrain is fully covered for 5 years / 60k miles.

You will not need an extended warranty. Don't waste the money.

The warranty is 3 years/36k miles - covering EVERYTHING including brake rotors, clutch, light bulbs, and even windshield wipers.

The powertrain is fully covered for 5 years / 60k miles.

You will not need an extended warranty. Don't waste the money.

And, of course, rust perforation warranty for 5 years/unlimited miles and emissions warranty for 8 years/80 000 miles :-).

Do you really think an extended warranty is not warranted :-)? Looking at the posts in Warranty forum, it seems like things do break and folks get repair work done under warranty.

BTW, the extended warranty can be up to 7 years/100,000 miles.

Do you really think an extended warranty is not warranted :-)?

My family has owned 4 Subarus since 1995. The 1995 Legacy now has 143k miles and the 2000 Outback has 105k miles. None of the Subarus have needed any significant repairs that would justify the cost of an extended warranty.

If you're going to have a problem with a new car, it's more than likely going to occur within the standard warranty period. When considering likelihood of repair vs cost of the extended warranty, it typically comes out in favor of the issuer, not the buyer. If they didn't make huge amounts of money on these warranties, they wouldn't sell them in the first place!

Subaru of America's Warranty and Extended Warranty Plans

2006 Warranty Items

Subaru Extended Warranty Plans

If you contact any Subaru dealer, you can ask them their best price on a Subaru extended warranty plan that can take you up to seven years or 100,000 miles. I did this on my 1999 Legacy Wagon and my 1998 LGT. Bought it from a dealer in Colorado (I'm in San Diego) and saved about $800 on each car compared to other dealer offers.

You can add this extended coverage up to the end of your 3/36K mile basic Bumper to Bumper coverage. You can still buy Subaru warranty coverage, it's just that you can't get the full-boat coverage from the extended warranty plans if you buy beyond the BTB expiration.

HTH,

SBT

- Pro amore Dei et patriam et populum -

Archived