LegacyGT.com

BOV bolt thread size?

Have an AVO tmic and just put on a GFB BOV a couple wheels ago. Left it at 50% record and was getting used to the subtle BOV noise but just yesterday the sound changed. When letting off at high boost I used to get a "whooosh" not its more like a really quick "psst". Max boost was previously just shy of 17psi and now I'm only at about 13.5psi. Checked the BOV to tmic bolts and one was a little loose. Kept turning :(

Bummer is that it is already helicoiled from a previous owner so I'll need to take out the current one and install a new one. So I'm not positive what size to order. I see a lot of threads telling what size to drill it bigger to for a bigger bolt but was hoping to just swap the helicoil and not drill the BOV body holes bigger.

Is it an M6x1.25?

Thanks

Thanks zactek, maybe one other question, does anyone know what the depth of the BOV threaded hole is in an AVO intercooler. Reason I ask is I was looking for maybe a better repair to avoid another failed helicoil. I came across something called a "bigsert" made by the same company that makes the time serts. Basically it's a hardened steel threaded bushing that is much stronger than the coil wire spring that is a heli coil. They come in two lengths, 9.4mm and 12mm.

http://www.timesert.com/html/bigsert.html

I don't have any tools to measure the depth.

They are a little pricey but might be worth it to have something that won't fail again.

I'm not sure about the depth of the Avo,but 9mm is plenty of threads to get a good bite. You can always stick a toothpick into a hole,mark it,and then use a plain ruler to measure the length/depth.

Zack K.

Archived