LegacyGT.com

NJ- Loman Auto Group A+

tallguylehigh

Hey guys- Just wanted to pass along something that I feel I had to comment about. I just recently purchased a 2005 Legacy GT in Regal Blue Pearl yesterday at Loman Auto Group in Parsippany, New Jersey. I worked with a Mike Ducofsky, a real young guy that knows cars, not selling. If you ever consider buying a Subaru, they have other makes there as well, tell them Ryan from the Internet recommended you, you will get treated right. PM me if you want my last name :wink: Wow was it ever a refreshing experience, especially as far as New Jersey dealerships go. I highly recommend it- I had talked to a bunch of dealerships around my area and they either didnt have a good reputation, or in general were just treating me like crap. With Loman, walked right in, asked for a deal, and 15 min later, I was getting my perfect Legacy for [b]invoice[/b]. I was all prepared to go into battle with this dealership, yet they made the experience eeriely peaceful. There was no pressure on any options, met the service manager, did everything. Three hous later and with a deposit in their hand, they let me take the car home. The dealership isnt much to look at, I'm not going to lie. But in my mind the most important thing about a car dealer are the cars on the lot and the employees in the seats. Wow this was a long post :wink: Sorry, hope you all read it and will give this place a try, very nice. And if you are interested in more feel free to PM me. Ryan aka "tallguy"

Been in the market for a Subaru for a few months and had been quietly surfing the site looking for information. I was planning on giving Loman's a call given its location but once I realized that you are being paid to give out this information it pretty much ensured that I would never use or recommend that dealership. It seems strange to me that a solid, reputable dealer with great prices and cars would have to resort to undercover (and deceptive) advertising in an attempt to drum up business - makes me think they are not all that reputable a dealership. I had never heard of the dealership before (and I've lived in Jersey for 31 years) which adds to my suspicion of them and their business practices. Also makes me wonder if you really are just a fan of cars or a part of the dealership - it brings into question if you even bought a car from them, or if you got it at invoice as you claim to do. Tallguylehigh - if you're not part of the dealership then you should be careful about what you say and where you say it - there are some industries (for instance, the tobacco industry) where its illegal to partake in undercover advertising, never mind the moral/ethical questions the practice raises - it breeds distrust. I give you credit for being upfront about being paid by them if you drum up business - would have been nice if it had been in this thread rather then an old one. I had always enjoyed this site since it seemed to be devoted to car fans with no alternate agendas, but it seems I may have been wrong. Thank you for saving me the time I would have lost contacting the dealership.

I believe that he (vesalius1) is referring to another thread, in which tallguylehigh mentioned that he would get some kickback, if people mentioned his name at the dealership...although, I don't believe that he is in a direct way related to the dealership in question... of course, correct me if I am wrong. later, i.

Well, that happens all the time. Tell your friends and I'll give you $50! Heck, two business cards from two different dealers had that written right on the back of it. What's sneaky about that? Sheese. :roll:

Been in the market for a Subaru for a few months and had been quietly surfing the site looking for information. I was planning on giving Loman's a call given its location but once I realized that you are being paid to give out this information it pretty much ensured that I would never use or recommend that dealership. It seems strange to me that a solid, reputable dealer with great prices and cars would have to resort to undercover (and deceptive) advertising in an attempt to drum up business - makes me think they are not all that reputable a dealership. I had never heard of the dealership before (and I've lived in Jersey for 31 years) which adds to my suspicion of them and their business practices. Also makes me wonder if you really are just a fan of cars or a part of the dealership - it brings into question if you even bought a car from them, or if you got it at invoice as you claim to do.

Tallguylehigh - if you're not part of the dealership then you should be careful about what you say and where you say it - there are some industries (for instance, the tobacco industry) where its illegal to partake in undercover advertising, never mind the moral/ethical questions the practice raises - it breeds distrust. I give you credit for being upfront about being paid by them if you drum up business - would have been nice if it had been in this thread rather then an old one.

I had always enjoyed this site since it seemed to be devoted to car fans with no alternate agendas, but it seems I may have been wrong. Thank you for saving me the time I would have lost contacting the dealership.

Vesalius-

I have been a member of this car for a long while now, far longer than you, and I do have a presence in this place, however small it may be. I AM NOT a dealer, and I AM NOT a salesman, and the fact that you think I have snuck on here to promote a sketchy dealership is highly insultful to me.

I put this thread up on here recommending a dealership to people looking for a Subaru in the New Jersey area. Loman gave me an excellent deal and a great experience. Are there better dealers out there? Probably. Are there worse ones out there? Definately.

I was merely trying to help the people in New Jersey from paying too much for a car in a state where things are already expensive. I was merely stating that I could get some money out of it up front, you could just as soon go in and not recommend me. If I offended you, I apologize, but you have a lot of nerve addressing someone on here as a complete and total fraud, or rather an udnercover agent trying to pump up a dealership.

If anyone wants a good dealership in New Jersey, try Loman Auto Group. If I offended anyone I apologize.

Sincerely,

tallguy

Faithful member since 10 March 2004

Owner of a 2005 Regal Blue Subaru Legacy GT - "Tiffany"

1294125606_Tiffanyrear1.JPG.8b8b072c005ec2622f109b3d4a48df66.JPG

• 2 weeks later...
I took my girlfriend to Loman as I really wanted her to test drive the Legacy. We worked with Mike and I must agree he is a great guy. However, he would not go anywhere near invoice even after meeting with him several different times. He must of really liked you for him to give you the car for invoice 15 minutes into the conversation. Needless to say we took our business to Newton @ Salerno Duane and got the car for invoice and could not be happier. So what I am saying is I guess it is hit or miss at Loman but if you miss go to Newton and ask for Patty.

liberty subaru in oradell nj is the number one seller in the state. i'm on my fourth subaru. they're never pushy like the subaru on rt. 17. they will let you try any one you want and always discount to keep selling. the showroom is not much to look at but, they have a used car location and a quick service up the road. service works till 1:00 saturday's and have always been good to me. and i'm not getting a kickback so don't ask for my name.

Guest JessterCPA
I went to both Loman & Liberty & had good experiences with both. Liberty ended up giving a slightly better deal and the location was much more convenient. Actually that Regal Blue looks like the car I test drove at Loman. Wouldn't that be weird. Anyway, I have no bad words about either dealer.

[quote name='vesalius1']Been in the market for a Subaru for a few months and had been quietly surfing the site looking for information. I was planning on giving Loman's a call given its location but once I realized that you are being paid to give out this information it pretty much ensured that I would never use or recommend that dealership. It seems strange to me that a solid, reputable dealer with great prices and cars would have to resort to undercover (and deceptive) advertising in an attempt to drum up business - makes me think they are not all that reputable a dealership. I had never heard of the dealership before (and I've lived in Jersey for 31 years) which adds to my suspicion of them and their business practices. Also makes me wonder if you really are just a fan of cars or a part of the dealership - it brings into question if you even bought a car from them, or if you got it at invoice as you claim to do. Tallguylehigh - if you're not part of the dealership then you should be careful about what you say and where you say it - there are some industries (for instance, the tobacco industry) where its illegal to partake in undercover advertising, never mind the moral/ethical questions the practice raises - it breeds distrust. I give you credit for being upfront about being paid by them if you drum up business - would have been nice if it had been in this thread rather then an old one. I had always enjoyed this site since it seemed to be devoted to car fans with no alternate agendas, but it seems I may have been wrong. Thank you for saving me the time I would have lost contacting the dealership.[/quote] I highly doubt that tallguylehigh works or is associated with the Loman Auto Group. I used Loman to buy my car and had the exact same experience as tallguylehigh. I bought a 98 Kia Sephia back in August 98 and they gave it to me for $250 over invoice, where no other dealership would go much lower than MSRP which at the time was $14,500. I walked OTD with it for like $10,250, it was brand new in all the wrappings with only 9 miles on the odometer. I should've thought of Loman this time around, although I went to Richard Lucas Subaru right down the road, and I seem like I am getting treated very well. Must be the dealers in that area. I was treated like I was a pariah at Oasis Subaru in Oldbridge, NJ. The sales person was very reluctant to assist me, and when he did, he was extremely condescending. Needless to say, Oasis Subaru will never see my business. - Mike EDIT: I called Loman Subaru today, and found out that they are located a lot further from Loman Ford than what I thought. Loman Ford, who I used to get my last car, is located in Woodbridge, NJ, where Loman Subaru is located in Parsippany, NJ - out on RT 80, which is like 40 minutes away. My patience is starting to run dry with my current deal I am working out with another place because they are being a little too evasive for my taste. Maybe it's because of my technical nature that I like exact figures and numbers, but I highly doubt it. I want to know everything before I start putting down blind deposits.

Archived