LegacyGT.com

Steering Wheel Rotator

The Yeti71

Hello!

I just had my 2005 Legacy GT wagon diagnosed for an airbag light that has been stuck on since the day I bought it. The dealership is telling me this is due to the steering wheel rotator, which is apparently bad. I have changed out a few steering wheels, so I know this is something I can probably do myself at some point.

Has anyone had a similar problem, and if so, I would love to get a part number!

Thanks,

j.

Actually, the "overhead console fix" doesn't apply to the '05s; they don't have the passenger airbag status light up in the overhead console.

The Yeti71, I remember your thread from a couple of months ago. Glad you took our advice and had it diagnosed! Unfortunately, I can't give you any advice about replacing the rotator, hopefully someone else will be able to.

Thanks for the responses. I very much value the advice posted here :)

I found the part number, and it looks like I can get one from our local Subaru recycle guys. The part in question looks like the rotator piece (with the infamous clock spring I think) just behind the steering wheel assembly. Pretty sure I will need to disconnect the air bag assembly piece and then remove the wheel.

Anyway, I will be sure to post up the details once it is done.

j.

Archived