LegacyGT.com

body molding removal and replacement?

Has anyone popped off the body molding / rocker panel that's under the doors? I was washing my car, thinking I was standing on the door sills (being short sucks), and POP, down when the rocker panel by the rear wheelwell. I tried popping it back it, but couldn't get it to go. I'm wondering if it should be pretty easy to just pop right back in, or if there's some trick to it? Or maybe that clip that holds it in is broken? (I don't think so, but I honestly have no idea what it SHOULD look like...)

Hoping this is an easy one that my searches should've answered, but didn't. Thanks!

From what I can tell, there are a few bolts, and a few clips. It's possible one of the clips popped out and came out of alignment.

Personally, I'd just get down there with a 10mm, and see what is required to take it off! Sorry that's not the best answer, but I'm not afraid of breaking (and fixing) my own stuff lol.

:) yeah I figured it'd come down to that. Was just hoping for a five minute fix to my 2-second problem. [emoji14] will have to try it tomorrow night after work when it's not so dang hot!

Sent from my Nexus 6P using Tapatalk

:) yeah I figured it'd come down to that. Was just hoping for a five minute fix to my 2-second problem. [emoji14] will have to try it tomorrow night after work when it's not so dang hot!

Sent from my Nexus 6P using Tapatalk

It's held on by just plastic clips.. I replaced mine with 2017 Legacy Sport. Simple 15 Minute Job..

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

Archived