LegacyGT.com

Has anyone here had anyone say "Why didn't you get a...

[quote name='Legacy05GT']Why did i purchase my Legacy GT? It adapts to every enviroment. I can step out of it in a business suit or a bathing suit. It will handle well in a street race or in a blizzard. Its classy and its got balls. It exceeds on both sides of the spectrum. And it is unique. I am yet to have seen one on the streets.[/quote] That is one of the best descriptions of what makes the Legacy special I have ever heard. It perfectly describes what made me get the the car in the first place. This one needs to be sent off to marketing if you ask me. :D

[quote name='Nick']Oh those questions are easy. "Why didn't you get an A4?" "Sorry, I wanted something faster and a LOT more reliable" "Acura TL?" "Wrong wheel drive sucks" "G35x?" "The $5000 I saved is going toward my racing budget."[/quote] I had that almost exact same conversation with a friend of mine. Then he wanted to know why I didn't buy a car "made in America". HAHAHA... the look on his face when I told him the car was built in Indiana. HAHAHA

On the contrary, people that have seen my car were really impressed with the looks, the way it drives, the interior. All I got were thumbs up! The car really is beautiful and very few people have seen the car before so everybody seems to be surprised by this car. Also, people love the garnett red. Even my wife's uncle who is a "Volvo for life" guy was amazed with my Subie.

2005 Legacy GT Wagon Ltd 5EAT Garnet Red :cool:

1999 GTI VR6 Black - sold but not forgotten... :(

I tried my best to get a TL, or a G35 Coupe, or anything! I just couldn't do it. It isn't a money issue. After 3 Subarus I couldn't give up the AWD, the handling, the reliability, and the performance. So I go with the "thinking man's car" statement.

[quote name='TeeLoo']On the contrary, people that have [i][b]seen [/b][/i]my car were really impressed with the looks, the way it drives, the interior. [/quote] Emphasis mine on the "seen". Most of the folks that questioned my decision had not seen the car yet. Those that have were suitably impressed and surprised that this was "one of those Australian cars".

I agree Brady Bunch. Someone at work was wondering why I wasn't driving the truck anymore (intermin family vehicle I was driving because my car wasn't in at that point when I was noticed driving the truck.) Tried telling them about the GT Wagon and they're like a Wagon, shoulda got a Dodge Magnum with the Hemi. I laughed and said those things are heavy and bloated. They still said a Wagon, I just said it hauls ass and a whole load of stuff in the back. Don't like it, they can watch my tail lights. :D Then again, that guy was a redneck and hadn't seen the car. :lol:

[quote]Audi A4 may impress people who know nothing about cars because of the badge however I don't really value the opinion of these people. The only audi I consider to compare to the Legacy GT is the Audi A4. In Australia they are over 2 times the price of the Legacy GT. As any one that knows there cars and the Subaru brand is well respected. They have won many industry awards. [/quote] A4's in stock trim are (1) underpowered (2) tuned for comfort over good handling (3) overpriced compared to the japanese makes (4) unreliable (5) expensive to repair. I say this as a B5 (previous generation) A4 owner. unless something comes along in the next year or so to eclipse it my next vehicle will be a leg gt.

Archived