LegacyGT.com

BF goodrich G-force Sport Opinions?

CHRISPY

I saw these on tire rack for 100 each in 235/40/17 size.

That is VERY cheap. Are they a decent tire?

The g-Force Sport is BFGoodrich's Ultra High Performance Summer tire designed for sport compact drivers who want to combine outstanding dry handling with affordable prices. The g-Force Sport was developed to provide crisp and responsive handling in both wet and dry conditions, however it is not intended to be driven in snow or on ice.

On the outside, the g-Force Sport molds BFGoodrich's BlackTech tread compound into a directional tread design with large independent shoulder tread blocks, g-Hook intermediate ribs, two continuous center ribs and two wide circumferential rain channels to blend superior dry cornering, capable wet traction and straight-line stability.

Internally, the g-Force Sport features twin, high tensile steel belts that are further strengthened by BFGoodrich's ETEC System (Equal Tension Containment) spiral-wrapped reinforcement to stabilize the tread area enhancing handling and high-speed capability. A dimensionally stable polyester cord body and g-control sidewall inserts help resist lateral deflection to generate cornering force and stability.

BFGoodrich g-Force Sport tires feature black sidewall styling with subtle black letters reversed out of a circumferential serrated band. They are V- or W-speed rated and available in 60-, 55-, 50-, 45- and 35-series sizes for 15" to 17" wheel diameters

Here is a pic:

http://www.tirerack.com/images/tires/bfg/bfg_g_force_sport_ci2_l.jpg

Cheers

Chris

I have 225/40/18s on 18X7.5 Kyowa rims,..

So far no complaints,..pretty quiet and nice firm sidewalls (but could be cause they are 40 series),...In the beginning, I had tracking problems on some gooved roads, but really havent "noticed it" after 6k miles, maybe due to really "new" tread?? Handling in the dry is really good and in the wet I really havent "tested" them as a 4 dr sedan and my Whiteline rear sb would probably "fish-tail" the rear pretty easily,..

If all-weather is what you're looking for, Gforce Sports are a good buy for the $$,..For the dry specifically, and cause the tread design looks AWESOME, Id try KDW-II for the $$,..starting to show some wear though after 5k miles and thats with good alignment and normal day-to-day driving and some on/offramp jaunts,...:)

As for me, Im going to try some Bridgestones for my next set of shoes as I had good experiences with them,...

For a few more bucks in a summer tire,,get the BFG KDW IIs,I had them on my WRX,,,an excellent tire on dry and also great in the rain.They are a touch loud but well worth it.check out the reviews on tirerack I think it comes in #2 or 3 compared to all the others.

Rudy

I bought a set of these for my Accord wagon last spring. I was very pleased with their performance. The wagon was lowered with Neuspeed springs and Tokico struts and I could take fast corners easily. The BFG's never once broke away from me in the corners. I drove them for about five months before selling the wagon, and didn't have any problems with them. I would definitely recommend them http://legacygt.com/forums/images/icons/icon14.gif!

For a few more bucks in a summer tire,,get the BFG KDW IIs,I had them on my WRX,,,an excellent tire on dry and also great in the rain.They are a touch loud but well worth it.check out the reviews on tirerack I think it comes in #2 or 3 compared to all the others.

Rudy

+1 on this. I have them on the LGT and they are amazing in the rain. autox'd them couple times as well and they worked out fine. Great all around summer tire.

Archived