LegacyGT.com

Switchback LED in MIRROR TURN SIGNALS?

So I was driving home from work last night and noticed this car behind me with WHITE LEDs in the turn signals on the mirror. I thought, how interesting - It looked cool!

The car overtook and turned out to be a modded up Gen5 Liberty/Legacy.

So the mirrors had a white LED driving light, which flashed amber when turning.

This is AWESOME and so unique, I want it too!

Has anyone heard of this?

https://www.amazon.com/Forester-mirror-Accessories-Indicator-Puddle/dp/B00IJ5DV04/ref=sr_1_3?ie=UTF8&qid=1496505383&sr=8-3&keywords=Impreza+side+mirror+turn+signal

This one will also fit and you could probably use the wire for the auto dimming mirror with approach light to make them work. Our Premium doesn't have the factory signals but I'm gonna install these when someone figures out how to retrofit them.

https://www.amazon.com/Forester-mirror-Accessories-Indicator-Puddle/dp/B00IJ5DV04/ref=sr_1_3?ie=UTF8&qid=1496505383&sr=8-3&keywords=Impreza+side+mirror+turn+signal

This one will also fit and you could probably use the wire for the auto dimming mirror with approach light to make them work. Our Premium doesn't have the factory signals but I'm gonna install these when someone figures out how to retrofit them.

Thanks mate, this looks like the option ill go with.

My car 2.5i Premium does not have auto dimming mirrors or approach lights however it does have the LED blinkers and the mirrors are heated.

Am now curious how I will wire up the DRL light.. this item appears to be switchback white/amber.

Sent from my SM-N920I using Tapatalk

Thanks mate, this looks like the option ill go with.

My car 2.5i Premium does not have auto dimming mirrors or approach lights however it does have the LED blinkers and the mirrors are heated.

Am now curious how I will wire up the DRL light.. this item appears to be switchback white/amber.

Sent from my SM-N920I using Tapatalk

U can run wires for DRL from mirrors and tap it to the relay connector wire of DRL

Apparently all you need is the lights you have linked, and 2 mirror covers with cutouts for the lights (apparently these cost $35 each according to someone who left a review on the Amazon page.)

Archived