LegacyGT.com

Swapping in heated seats in the 00 lgtl

So I've had this car since November 2014 and when I bought it they had put an Outback front bumper on it and STI wing on the rear and a GT scoop off of the 99 on the hood. It has a number of other weird things done to it I have driven it through Arizona California Washington and Oregon since then it's been a pretty reliable car. so I finally put some money into it and bought a new hood and some other stuff. I just happened to be at Pick and Pull when they put out a really clean 2001 Outback with heated leather seats so I grabbed a few things off of that car. the AC compressor and the leather seats. unfortunately my passenger side leather seat is in better shape than the passenger side leather seat that came out of that vehicle. so I'm debating whether or not to take it back to Pick-N-Pull or swap out the heated element. the backs of the seats are actually different to the Outback has knitting on the back seat where's my limited does not

I'm about 99% positive there's no wiring harness for heated seats in my car so I will post up a thread here on how I installed the heated seats into a car that never came with them so I will post pictures soon I'm in the process of doing it right now and cleaning out the car I've already removed the driver seat long-time lurker on this forum

No wires on mine car came with everything but the heated seats n mirrors.

Im having trouble posting pics. I stopped using photobucket years ago and this forum wont let me attach.

The swap is done. I added the harness from the heated part of the donor car. Pain sorta

They cut it out. Drilled holes and glued it on with body panel glue then bondo over that and painted the car.

The problem was that moisture got from underneath the hood in between the Bondo and where it was glued and cause the paint to crack in the Bondo to crack. I redid the Bondo and the paint three times in a row only to have the same thing happened again so I finally stripped it down and was going to weld it but then I ran across a hood that wasn't banged up and bought that instead

Wow that is quite the hack job. If I attempted it, I would just weld the two pieces together and then light bondo to fill any imperfections.

Thats why i just put a different hood on it. Lol

Archived