LegacyGT.com

HELP... gauge install help

BGSEXXE

So.. I'm in the process of installing two pro sport oil pressure and boost pressure gauges and I followed this http://legacygt.com/forums/showthread.php/prosport-halo-electric-boost-gauge-cubby-install-190307.html to wire them up. I'm running into a problem. The gauges stay powered on when the key is off. It's an 05 if it matters. Someone help me please

You need to find an Accesory wire or Ignition wire for power instead of a constant. I can't totally guide you without a wiring diagram to say what color that would be. If it were me, I'd get a fused link and tap into one of those wires at the ignition harness. ACC wire will only be on when in the ACC position or run. ING wire will only be on in run or crank position. You can determine this with a volt meter by probing the wires at the ignition harness while putting the key in those positions.

You need to find an Accesory wire or Ignition wire for power instead of a constant. I can't totally guide you without a wiring diagram to say what color that would be. If it were me, I'd get a fused link and tap into one of those wires at the ignition harness. ACC wire will only be on when in the ACC position or run. ING wire will only be on in run or crank position. You can determine this with a volt meter by probing the wires at the ignition harness while putting the key in those positions.

Figured it out. Thanks

Archived