LegacyGT.com

timing belt...NEWB...considering a subaru

I've been googling for about a month..researching etc..

I've got a daily now..a 2006 Cobalt SS/SC but it's small for my family and not practical running around with them on my days off..(we have a Mazda cx7 for family duty).driving to and from work it's fine.

Better financial situation now I want a Subaru...I like the looks of the GT wagons and appreciate the incognito-ness of them ...

I'm trying to stay under $15,000 ...$10,000 if I can find the right one..mileage is prefer around 75,000 less is great...definitely under 100,000.

Do the timing belts on the 05-09 Legacy need them replaced around 100,000 miles also? Like I said I'm a newbie and from southwest Indiana...Subaru's are harder to come by around here...it's trucks and Chevy's and Ford's for the most part...I've always dug other things outside the norm though...

Thanks.for any info..opinions etc...

Officially, the timing belt service interval is 105K miles or 105 months (~9 years), whichever comes first.

Timing belt service should include all the wear items including belt, idlers, tensioner and water pump. If you can DIY, you will save a lot of money. Lots of good information about it here on the site.

Archived