LegacyGT.com

Crooked Car

I have a 2013 3.6 Limited with 41,000 miles. I haven't driven the car for a few months and decided to dig it out of the warehouse today for a ride to get the fluids flowing. I was hosing the dust off the car and noticed the rear right fender gap is about 1" bigger than the left rear side. I thought the ground was uneven but it was like this no matter where I parked. Nothing underneath the car is broken or bent or out of place. Any ideas why this would happen?

Check the springs, you may have suffered a broken spring where an end piece has dropped off. Also check that the springs are identical in style in case there's a screw-up at assembly of the struts.

From time to time I do see broken off end-parts of springs when I'm out bicycling so it's not an unique event that it could happen.

453747.png

I just looked at the car again and it doesn't seem as crooked as yesterday. I scrubbed the under carriage before I put the car away so it was clean underneath. I checked the rear struts and springs and there was no leaks or pieces of spring missing.

The car was crooked as soon as I drove it out of the garage yesterday. I drove it around for about 10 minutes. It was not like this 2 months ago when I parked it.

Archived