LegacyGT.com

Thread notifications

I am "Subscribed" to multiple threads, but about a month or so ago I virtually stopped getting e-mail notifications to updates on all those threads.... I seem to get a couple every few weeks, but when I go to some of the threads I am subscribed to I find that pages of posts have been made that I never got notified of.... My e-mail is correct and nothing at my end would prevent them coming to my inbox...:confused:

Any help will be appreciated.

• 3 months later...
Did you get an answer to this?

Nope.... still get about 2-3 notifications re :Subscribed" threads every week.... when I go and look at them, I find I have missed pages of replies.... I have checked my settings in User CP and it is all set right..... seems like the system only wants to send me an e-mail for about 1 in 20 replies. :confused:

It all worked great for years then suddenly went for a crapper :spin:

Checked all of your settings and you're set for thread subscription and instant email notification.

Scroll down to the bottom of this page to the bottom left and see what "version" you're settings are using. Suggest v3.0 or v3.1

- Pro amore Dei et patriam et populum -

• 5 months later...

Same problem has re occurred in the past few weeks ..... virtually no e-mail notifications for 2 weeks....pages and pages of replies on "Subscribed" threads when I go through the forum and check. :(

Currently on V3.1...but that will revert to v3.0 as soon as I close this thread, I'm sure.

Yup...reverted to v3.0....for some reason it will not stay on v3.1 no matter how often I try to switch up :(

Well....... I just spent a couple of hours chatting with my ISP help line....... turns out that e-mail notifications from LegacyGT.com are being blocked from coming to Shaw.ca by a site called Barracuda..... They say that is a security site that is blocking the e-mails to Shaw because Barracuda sees LegacyGt as a Spam site.

I set my UserCP e-mail address as a Gmail address and set it to forward my Legacy e-mails to my regular Shaw inbox.... PITA but it seems to work :)

Barracuda is a security company. They are talking about an email spam appliance that filters emails based on reputation. Apparently their datasource for reputation thinks that legacygt.com is a less than reputable site for sending emails. If desired, there are a few things the admins can probably do to improve email reputation scores to improve the likelihood of the notifications getting through.

Barracuda is a security company. They are talking about an email spam appliance that filters emails based on reputation. Apparently their datasource for reputation thinks that legacygt.com is a less than reputable site for sending emails. If desired, there are a few things the admins can probably do to improve email reputation scores to improve the likelihood of the notifications getting through.

Yup....that is exactly what the help guys at Shaw told me.... they presume that due to the volume of e-mails emanating from LegacyGT that they must be a spam site..... hopefully our Admins will correct the problem directly with Barracuda..... as far as Shaw could tell this problem is primarily with e-mails coming to Canada and the Shaw system.

Archived