LegacyGT.com

Spark Plugs for 01 Subaru GT Limited

Hi!

So I was planning on doing a tune up on my vehicle in order to rectify any issues that may (or may not) arise on a small road trip. I purchased some NGK 7092 Platinum Alloys that (hear me out) didn't come pre-gapped. Despite my struggles to find gap information in my owners manual, I'm left seeking answers. So if anyone has the plug gaps for my car, I would be obliged if you could share them.

Note: I find it funny that I presumptuously added "Subaru" to the title of this thread. After noticing it, I'm going to leave it in just because of it's redundancy.

BKR6E-11 (NGK) (OEM FACTORY PLUGS) also goes by part number #2756

return the ones you have buy the ones above. They came in the car when brand new, they cost 10$ for the set and come pre gapped. Replace them every 30,000 miles.

I talked with a technician here locally; they said to gap them at .035-0.037. The hottest plug was sitting at 55 thou on cylinder 4 with my last set. Granted the toastiness of that plug isn't a dramatic difference between all the plugs, only +- 5 thou. But for 30,000 miles on the last set, I have no complaints.

I also run the NGK plugs that RumbleRumble mentioned.

Though I prefer to get the Iridium plugs so that they will last WAAY longer than 30,000 miles. I will likely check them closer to 50,000 - 100,000 miles.

Here is what I bought in case you ever want to get them off the web.

NGK # 3764 Iridium Spark Plugs BKR6EIX-11

https://smile.amazon.com/gp/product/B00IZ2ZVOK/ref=oh_aui_search_detailpage?ie=UTF8&psc=1

So after about 30 cycles with my current setup, I pulled them real quick to check how toasty they were getting. After setting them originally to .035-0.037, all cylinders were happily sitting at 0.037. Unfortunately after 150,000 miles, my valve cover gaskets gave up the ghost, but that's another thread for another day.

Archived