LegacyGT.com

08 Spec B Brembo Swap ?????'s

SpecBlitzed

Option A : 04 Sti Brembo

Option B: 08+ Sti Brembo

For both options from what I found i need Front Sti Rotors and both options should be direct bolt on. Will my stock brake lines work for now until I upgrade to SS lines.

As for the rear Iam still a bit confused. I've read about how the e brake shoes require a hybrid rotor that works with the factory e brake pads but works with the rear Brembo caliper. From what I read the 04 Brembo requires an adapter bracket to fit the larger rotor. Does the 08+ Brembo require the adapter or just the hybrid rotor. Then a direct bolt up. I understand the front without question just gonna buy new 04 Sti rotors and bolt on the front. Just need help with the rear conversion. I know the internet is full of info just need someone with knowledge who can clarify before I start spending money on things I don't need.

For the rears you will need

04-07 STI Brembo calipers, 04 STI rear rotors, adapter bracket for the calipers, 4 Brembo bolts pt # 901000326, and the e-brake shoe adapter which changes the ebrake size from 170mm to 190mm

Or

04-07 STI Brembo calipers, 04 STI rear rotors that have been specially tooled to adapt to the 170mm e-brake show, adapter bracket for the calipers, and 4 Brembo bolts pt # 901000326

Those are the options thus far,

DBA makes the specially tooled rotor

KNS makes the specialized e-brake shoe

There is a local working on adapting an 04 STI e-brake shoe to fit the 4th Gen legacy but that will likely be a 1 off item.

I am currently exploring ways to possibly get the 08+ STI caliper to work on the 4th Gen models but it may prove to be not worthwhile. Some differences between the 04-07 and the 08+ are Piston size went up by 4 mm, offset changed for the caliper, and mount points changed. The 08+ will bolt up to the factory location after removing the dust shield but.... it won't work correctly

Pure Adrenaline

Attached...

To A License Plate
:p

Thanks for the help. Gonna go with a set of 05 STi Brembos. I am waiting for the car to show up next week at the yard to pull the calipers. Guy is asking $750 for a full set and I couldn't be more excited to find a deal. Fingers crossed the calipers are in healthy condition. Once I acquire the calipers I'll be searching for a deal on rotors and pads. Planning on purchasing the KNS rear caliper adapter bracket and the larger Brembo swap e brake shoes. Most likely go all out and do the SS brake lines as well. Gonna be smart and shop around for the best deals for a budget Brembo swap. Any leads on deals for the swap please message me. I'll be posting pix when the swap is complete

Archived