LegacyGT.com

JDM Carbon Fiber engine covers.

• Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I'm not interested in engine compartment bling. But CF splitter, diffuser, hood, and trunk for my STI would be very cool.

Nothing like a race track to find the weak points in man and machine.

"Good Judgement comes from Experience. Experience comes from Bad Judgement"

I'm not interested in engine compartment bling. But CF splitter, diffuser, hood, and trunk for my STI would be very cool.

Can make all that. Boxita has quite the list too, looking to lighten the wagon. 1.5lb rear hatch with built in aero.

After I saw his setup, I crossed "make cf parts at home" off my bucket list. :rolleyes:

Haha! The funny part is the 2 of you saw 2 totally different shops. John, you'll have to come down to the shop on the beach sometime. I have an electric "rocket ship" you need to come get a ride in!

CF Timing belt covers would be pretty cool. I think you could sell a lot of them.

CF Timing belt covers would be pretty cool. I think you could sell a lot of them.

Already on it! The cam sprocket covers will be the first pieces. The center/ crank sprocket cover is going to take some time to make sure I can get the timing marks exact. It may be that we CNC them out of aluminum and bond it to the CF?

Already on it! The cam sprocket covers will be the first pieces. The center/ crank sprocket cover is going to take some time to make sure I can get the timing marks exact. It may be that we CNC them out of aluminum and bond it to the CF?

Who uses the timing marks? I never have. Now the marks to make sure the belt and sprockets are in the correct position need to be accurate. But the timing marks on the outside, I've never used them.

Who uses the timing marks? I never have. Now the marks to make sure the belt and sprockets are in the correct position need to be accurate. But the timing marks on the outside, I've never used them.

If the community can do without the timing advancement marks... That'll make it a helluva lot easier during tooling. As for the lineup marks, wasn't aware of any on the covers themselves? Just stamped on the case halves and heads, or so I thought.

The Prova Air Intake Guide (https://www.nengun.com/prova/air-intake-guide) would be another nice piece to make out of carbon.

Funny you should suggest. I never liked the look of the stock version. So my version increased the surface area by lengthening the scoop to 3/4 of the length of the core support. Tapered to match to flow of the engine cover. Just realized I forgot to post the trimmed proof of the cover... next post.

• 3 weeks later...

Ok, that fixes this thread.

Nick, thank you for coming out to the shop for the pictures. I appreciate it! When our project is out of the shop and we don't have a bunch of whiny engineers in there, I'll give you a tour.

Archived