LegacyGT.com

brand new clutch slipping

hey guys,

new here ive owned a couple legacies now this is my first outback. a 1997 5 spd! i bought it for 300 bucks after the oil filter came loose and screwed the old engine.

so what brings me here today, i pulled the old engine out and put a new engine in. i installed new headgaskets, timing belt, clutch etc.

i started the vehicle yesterday and it started and ran great. i went to drive it around the parking lot and the the clutch immediately starts slipping and i cannot accelerate hard, as well all my clutch fluid dissapeared and my pedal got stuck down.

has this happened to anyone else?

i inspected the master and slave and couldnt find any leaks, and then i crawled underneath and found what looks to be a clutch dampner block? and it was covered in what looks to be thick gross clutch fluid.

my understanding here is i most likely have 2 issues

1. the brand new clutch slipping

2. the clutch hydraulics letting go and me no longer having a pedal.

id really appreciate any input. i tried bleeding the clutch and cannot get any fluid from the master i also bypassed the block and went straight from master to slave.

im most likely going to pull the transmission now.

• 2 weeks later...
So got the new slave and master in clutch pedal works great. I tried driving it and it revs up and slowly moves. Then I hit a bump and it started driving fine! But then I hit a bump and there was a grind from the drivers side front. And it started doing the same thing. So I'm thinking I just have done something to my front left axle.

Archived