LegacyGT.com

New suspension woes

Abelr

Ok. So over the weekend installed a gently used LGT suspension in my OBXT. Install went well everything torqued to spec new whitline bushings all around and camber kit. Haven't had my alignment done yet(that comes this afternoon) but I have new rattles coming from both the front and the rear over bumps. I am curious if this is just a matter of the suspension settling over the next couple hundred miles or if it's a matter of concern. The other thought is I need to loosen up everything and then have the suspension loaded before I re torque everything. Thoughts? Thanks in advance.

If you installed all hard split style bushings like Whitelines, the kind that don't need to be pressed in, then there is no reason to torque them on the ground because they rotate freely. If you are using the stock style rubber bushings that are molded to the steel portions of the bushing, those need to be torqued on the ground.

Check your end links and shock to tophat bolts, they can cause some clunk sounds if not properly tight, but you shouldn't be getting rattles.

Archived