LegacyGT.com

legacy gt vs limited

[quote name='meier motor sports']what exactly are the differneces in the to models? i know one has laether. but what else is there i seam to be missing it on the website and brochure.[/quote] Legacy 2.5 GT Limited adds to Legacy 2.5 GT: Leather upholstery, 4-way power passenger seat, single power sunroof (sedan), dual power sunroofs (wagon) Hope that helps. - Mike

Fro the Subaru site, it appears that the dual climate control is in both models. I know that they mention it as a feature of the Limited, but in comparing the spec sheets, both have it. Another thing is the 8-way power drivers seat, versus the 6-way manual in the GT, and the 4-way power versus 4-way manual passenger seat was mentioned. For me, it was to get a moonroof. I can take or leave leather, but since you can't get the moonroof with the woven seats, the Limited it is. Plus, I do like full power seats better, as I can better position myself, and many times power seats have a wider range of travel.
Ron

[quote name='agctr']and the upgraded McIntosh System too.[/quote] Pshyeah, I WISH! :D Not in the USDM market. :cry: Sidenote... is USDM "U.S. Domestic [i]model[/i]" or U.S. Domestic [i]market[/i]"? If it is the latter then USDM market seems a bit redundant.

WHAT ????????????????????????? Not even on the limted Ed ? I thought that actually came with yr model over there. Gish dont get me started about this darn Options list rubbish again.......... Only if we could all have the same options as everyone..... if only

[quote name='agctr']WHAT ????????????????????????? Not even on the limted Ed ? I thought that actually came with yr model over there. Gish dont get me started about this darn Options list rubbish again.......... Only if we could all have the same options as everyone..... if only[/quote] That's why I'm probably only going to lease it for 3 years - I figure in 3 years there'll be way more options, better features, maybe more power, and more colors. - Mike

Not exactly sure why you guys think that there will be more options and more colors in three years. In meandering through the Subaru site for the past few years, the option list seems to be pretty consistent across the model line. They still didn't come up with a fold-down rear seat for the sedan, which I thought would have been a key thing to do with a new platform (I would have then bought a sedan). I would more suspect that the Legacy/Outback models will be pretty static for a few years to help them recoup their investment, as well as turn to updating other models. Ron Porter
Ron

[quote name='rporter']Not exactly sure why you guys think that there will be more options and more colors in three years. In meandering through the Subaru site for the past few years, the option list seems to be pretty consistent across the model line. They still didn't come up with a fold-down rear seat for the sedan, which I thought would have been a key thing to do with a new platform (I would have then bought a sedan). I would more suspect that the Legacy/Outback models will be pretty static for a few years to help them recoup their investment, as well as turn to updating other models. Ron Porter[/quote] 3 years is usually the amount of time before a car company freshens up the current production model. Also, Subaru is likely to other other models by then. In addition, this is a first year model, and if there are any strange bugs - owners of this year model will find out the hard way. If I lease - it'll only be for 3 years - I'll have the free maintiance for 3 years - and at the end of 3 years I could give it back and have no headaches of having to try to sell it off later on. I'm sure in 3 years there'll be a completely redesigned Forester, another all new SUV, a redesigned WRX, a freshened up Legacy - with Navi, upgraded audio, and the possibility of an STi and/or WR models. 3 years from now, I'll have a nice pool of cars to look at. - Mike

Yeah, sounds reasonable. Personally, the only thing that would cause me concern on the new model is the new 5-speed auto, but since I want the manual anyway, it's a non-issue. After years of never getting them, I now get the exended warranties. For myself, things like a navi system and upgraded stereo are non-issues that I wouldn't pay for. Being an old fart, standard factory sound systems work fine for me! Although I did add the subwoofer. The only other thing would be solid-color (non-metallic) paint, but I wouldn't buy a new car just for that. This car will last me at least five years. Ron Porter
Ron

Why lease for three years? If you put a good down payment on the car and make a few extra payments, you will owe less than the car is worth at any given time. That way, if this 'Legacy STi' ever does come out, you can trade your LGT in and don't have to start from scratch. That and you don't have to throw you money away for three years.

Well, there are people I know that lease for specific reasons, and it works for them. For myself, we leased one of my wife's cars about 10 years ago, and I will never lease again. In my mind, one of the poorest reasons to lease is to get a car that you otherwise can't afford.
Ron

USDM GT LTD gets a manual lumbar adjustment on both the driver & passenger seats. Leather, power seats & sunroof round out the major differences. The LTD buyer also gets more color choices. The non-LTD base GT model only gets the lumbar adjustment for the driver's seat. Both models have dual zone climate control as standard equipment -- even though the brochure says this feature comes on the LTD model only.

Archived