LegacyGT.com

Best Bars in New England

BDII

After I hijacked another thread with my talk I decided to start a thread for us New Engalnd residents that would highlight the best bars in our area.

Here are my top 5 , please list location and type of music

1. The Black Brimmer Manchester,NH live rock and pop

2. The Vetro manchester, NH piano bar 1st floor, top 40 upstairs.

3. The liquir store, boston, mass top 40

4. jack Ivorys, (my brother is a bouncer there) next to fenway, mass piano bar

5. Boston billiards Nashua (trashua) NH top 40, thursday night

there are plenty more good ones in boston and portland ME and im sure there are good ones in CT, VT and RI. lets here em!!

Need forum help? Private Message legGTLT

I must say I do enjoy the lovely ladies in their tiny black dresses at Boston Billiards in Nashua :p

After I hijacked another thread with my talk I decided to start a thread for us New Engalnd residents that would highlight the best bars in our area.

Here are my top 5 , please list location and type of music

1. The Black Brimmer Manchester,NH live rock and pop

2. The Vetro manchester, NH piano bar 1st floor, top 40 upstairs.

3. The liquir store, boston, mass top 40

4. jack Ivorys, (my brother is a bouncer there) next to fenway, mass piano bar

5. Boston billiards Nashua (trashua) NH top 40, thursday night

there are plenty more good ones in boston and portland ME and im sure there are good ones in CT, VT and RI. lets here em!!

Oh so in MA

1) The Compound

2) Pizanos (martini bar)

3) Shamus O'Callihans

4) Hot Shotz

5) Border Grille & Bar

what city? Im curious cuz im gettin tired of the NH scene and i want to start going out in different places

You should definately come to Lemontown....I'll hang with ya ;O)

We could bar hop!!

Oh btw - If none of you have ever heard of Bruce Jacques before, you HAVE to see him!! He's is a live entertainer and phenominal at it. http://brucejacques.com

Scansy can attest to it!!

$5 for a beer in Boston? not my cup o tea' plus its like $20 to get in. Its fun every once in a great while.

oh don't get me wrong, it is expensive. Not usually 20 to get in, but 5 / beer is realistic for sure. I have a ton of friends in and around boston though so i have a free place to stay and they all know bouncers / bartenders, so we get cheap / free drinks a lot. Trick with boston is to do the hardcore drinking before you go out, so you aren't buying too much.

Personally i don't hit the bars much anymore though...of course i have a 5 yr girlfriend, so i'm sure thats part of the reason. Now days i would rather just usually sit on the couch with some beers or go out for a nice dinner.

I'm cheap and lazy now. :lol:

K dont get the 1st half but back to the man Bruce. He plays all covers and has props too. You just have to see him to understand it.....like he'll do the 80's hair bands in a wig and spandex with like the fan blowing his hair back. But he sings the songs incredibly!! Makes for a good night out if you have a group to go with!!

ummm

Bad Gateway

The following error occurred:

The IP address was not found during the DNS lookup. Contact your system administrator. [/b]

What kind of music? i love live bands/muscians

K dont get the 1st half but back to the man Bruce. He plays all covers and has props too. You just have to see him to understand it.....like he'll do the 80's hair bands in a wig and spandex with like the fan blowing his hair back. But he sings the songs incredibly!! Makes for a good night out if you have a group to go with!!

hmmmm you have my attention.... what nights? what time?

Well the 4th he's playing at Kittys in North Reading MA which was kinda a dull crowd last time I went. 11th he's playing at Irish Times in Wista MA which was also a dull crowd when we went. We are actually the group that gets everyone going...GO US!!!

But check out his website....you can see the live gig photos. I'm on Kitty's page 9/23...horrible photo as we were all trashed 4th one down on left hand side

hmmmm you have my attention.... what nights? what time?

I've lived in Merrimack, NH; Portland, ME; Augusta, ME; Boston, MA; and now Hartford, CT; but somehow I don't think you all would like the bars I've visted in those places unless you're really into dancing and don't care who or what hits on ya.

http://www.brucejacques.com/gigs/g4g.JPG

this one?

I've lived in Merrimack, NH; Portland, ME; Augusta, ME; Boston, MA; and now Hartford, CT; but somehow I don't think you all would like the bars I've visted in those places unless you're really into dancing and don't care who or what hits on ya.

lets hear em!!!! im all about shakin my ass and gettin hit on by fat/skinny chicks!!

your sister is in the white? and your in the black? anyway how old is your sis?

I would show you a pic of me on the internet, but as i have mentioned before it would reveal my occupation, and would get photchopped all to hell

My sis is in the black tank and i'm in the black jack daniels t. Jess our friend is in the white.

You should pm me your pic, and I promise I wont post like you did Brat :lol:

your sister is in the white? and your in the black? anyway how old is your sis?

I would show you a pic of me on the internet, but as i have mentioned before it would reveal my occupation, and would get photchopped all to hell

You should pm me your pic, and I promise I wont post like you did Brat :lol:

aaaaaahhhh heeeeeeeelllllllllll nooooooooooooo!!!! only one person on this board knows my true profession and its gonna stay that way

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Mccarveys in Lawrence is good to, all the Merriack College girls go on thursday nights

wednesday night in NH go to Millys. in manchester, take right off exit go over bridge, first left. It $1 dollar drink night, and saint anslem college night, the pumpkin ale is awesome. bring $20, $6 to get in and spend the remaining 14 on 14 beers!!

It's okay to be a jigilo, we wont hold it against you ;O)

Beer, ick.....only wimps drink beer. I'm all about the hard stuff baby!! *lol*

aaaaaahhhh heeeeeeeelllllllllll nooooooooooooo!!!! only one person on this board knows my true profession and its gonna stay that way

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Mccarveys in Lawrence is good to, all the Merriack College girls go on thursday nights

wednesday night in NH go to Millys. in manchester, take right off exit go over bridge, first left. It $1 dollar drink night, and saint anslem college night, the pumpkin ale is awesome. bring $20, $6 to get in and spend the remaining 14 on 14 beers!!

I do enjoy that as well as kareeokee (sp?) Thats always a good time!!

Kareeokee

China Buffet on amherst street in nashua, THe jade dragon in merrimack on D.W. Highway.

Im looking for a good blues or jazz bar. you know low lights, good selection of cigars, well dressed crowd, in the NH area. any ideas?

Archived