LegacyGT.com

dealer damages paint, whole car

triple_B

After a 4 year hiatus im back! i needed new tires for the Subby and a local Seattle VW dealer had a great deal on Conti Extreme DWS 06. so i got them. Twice i gave explicit instructions to not wash the car. i was assured it would not be washed.

three hours later i get a call saying car is ready but, they "accidentally" washed it. unbelievable!

waiting to hear back from Service Manager.

The scratches are perpendicular to the flow of the hood and continuous front to rear. As well as down the front fenders and rearward. I can vividly picture the kid with the soap bucket and brush on a stick standing at the fender dragging the brush out and back perpendicular to the hood. Similar to what I had seen time and time again at dealers for decades which is why i always request my cars not be washed.

anyone have similar experience or ideas to remedy? im guessing a nice detail buff/sealant could clean things up? how and where in seattle would be a good shop to have it done?

thanks for any info

IMG_9196.thumb.JPG.c47332ce0eab029ed674e8d23ccdcd13.JPG

IMG_9201.thumb.JPG.593a0c5a659d687d710201d1e1b020c9.JPG

Thanks Boxkita, good to hear from you again.

Never heard of them. Name doesn't instill much more confidence over dealer but ill look them up. I don't need to price "gouge" a fix but I want it restored, no scratches or long term damage.

Is this a lite damage to top clear coat that buffing/compound would smooth out? Or just gloss over until next detail?

Take care

Have had great conversations with VW and they are owning up mistake. They have a dedicated detail shop (who knew, maybe associated with Audi next door)that will take a look to see if hey can fix or send to a pro shop.

Ever heard reviews of this or other dealer detail shop?

how did you know VW was having a tire sale? just curious

They have a very nice web page specific to their tire center. Lots of good selection and sizes. Very searchable. Buy 3 get 1 free ended apri 30 but they have a great price match program.

I've never heard of the shop, MrTris, either. What are you trying to sell the man, boxkitty?

:lol:

The devil himself is a Griot's trained detailer. He does a really nice job on the cars I've seen.

If I ever get mine running again, he swears he can make it look like the day I picked it up from the dealer. It's worth an intercooler to find out.

Thanks Boxkita, good to hear from you again.

Never heard of them. Name doesn't instill much more confidence over dealer but ill look them up. I don't need to price "gouge" a fix but I want it restored, no scratches or long term damage.

Is this a lite damage to top clear coat that buffing/compound would smooth out? Or just gloss over until next detail?

Take care

MrTris was banned a few years ago for crimes against, well, everyone on the board. In person, his internet persona is absent.

He details cars as a side business.

Have had great conversations with VW and they are owning up mistake. They have a dedicated detail shop (who knew, maybe associated with Audi next door)that will take a look to see if hey can fix or send to a pro shop.

Ever heard reviews of this or other dealer detail shop?

Was this at University VW? I worked at Audi Seattle for a little while during college.

MrTris does good work and has a small side business detailing cars. Unless you need a shop that can bill big dollars...

Have you had him detail your car? How do you know he does good work?

I have enough drama for now.....

My wagon has gouges in the bumper. I'm long past "detail".

His sedan always looks good.

I don't think you can buff out DRAMA®. It's embedded really deep! :hide:

I have enough drama for now.....

Archived