LegacyGT.com

Intro & ventilated seats.

OK quick intro… been lurking for some time now. And the 2018 Legacy/Crosstek are at the top of my new car shopping list. I’m still a little on the fence between a sedan & a CUV, but leaning back towards a sedan.

My current ride is an ’03 Mazda-6 5-speed Sport model w/ 180k miles, bought it brand new & it’s been fairly reliable w/ some fairly minor repairs along the way. My other vehicle is an ’05 Xterra w/ 115k miles. At some point in the near future I plan on replacing my Mazda-6, and currently leaning towards the Legacy. The new Mazda-6 handles nicely, but is too cramp in my opinion.

I started out test driving the 5-door Impreza (nice), followed by the OB & Forester. Over the last month or so I've test driven a whole slew of other vehicles: 2016-17 CX5, ’17 CRV, Santa FE Sport, Sonata, Camry, Avalon, Mazda-6, Kia Optima & Cadenza etc.

So in test driving the ’17 Legacy (both 2.5 & 3.6 I’m on the fence here). The Eyesight is great, love that feature, a must have!! On the negative side the wind noise on the highway def bothers me some (even thou I don’t have the best hearing), plus not having CarPlay & AndroidAuto (like the Impreza) ended up being a letdown.

So I’ll wait to see how all the 2018 updates play out. I know the head-unit will be updated, along with the side mirrors, and some window enhancements (hoping this helps on the noise). I’m also interested to see how the new gray interior will look.

It's been awhile since I've had leather seats, but to me the one other feature I thinking is missing on the Limited Legacy is ventilated seats. At this +30k level I think only the Sonata & Cadenza had this feature, but it would def help tip the scales for Subaru as a selling point.

Also, I'm pretty sure the gray interior will be the same as the one in the '17 sport trim. So you could get a head start on seeing if you like the look and feel of the seats by driving one of those. You get the best of both worlds with a more comfortable version of the premium cloth with the nice look of the leather having the dark gray leather trim with blue stitching. Have fun deciding!

Yeah thanks, I've been torturing myself over the last several weeks trying to decide what whistles & bells are important to me. I almost wished there wasn't a 3.6r option, that would solve that delimiter.

I have yet to a Legacy Sport model. The '17 Impreza I test drove was a Sport & very nice. Strangely the 0-60 times are about the same for 2.0 & 2.5i.

Strangely the 0-60 times are about the same for 2.0 & 2.5i.

Power to weight ratios for the two are basically identical, hence the similar times.

Impreza: 152hp/3000lbs = 0.051

Legacy: 175hp/3500lbs =0.05

Power to weight ratios for the two are basically identical, hence the similar times.

Impreza: 152hp/3000lbs = 0.051

Legacy: 175hp/3500lbs =0.05

That would make sense, plus being tuned to be fuel efficient. Have you been fairly satisfied w/ your 2.5? Did you test drive and/or consider the 3.6? Also what has your MPG been like.

Archived