LegacyGT.com

lowering car....

LzyKid4Life

well I know that this has been, kinda went over (couldnt find the thread), but has any body have any experience with there car being lowered (teins h techs) or any other springs, during the winter... do alot of snowboarding in the Tahoe area... just wondering if its to low to handle the snow....

Thanks...

If you're going to be driving to Tahoe or anywhere in the Western mountains where you get heavy wet snow, then don't lower your car. The GT only has about 5-6" of unburdened clearance to start with and if you drop that, you'll be pushing heavy snow and riding up on it, pulling your traction component (read: tires) away from the road. Not a good situation to be in from a tractive and stopping perspective.

Just my .02. YEMD.

SBT

- Pro amore Dei et patriam et populum -

**Can't testify to the LGT cause I haven't lowered it yet!**

With my Accord, I lowered 2" and I livein Colorado, where we do get some nasty snow in areas. I slapped on some BFGoodrich Traction TAs and had no problems what-so-ever!

I would believe that the AWD of the LGT coupled with some good tires (above mentioned), you shouldn't encounter too many problems unless you're attempting some offroad or rally manuevers in the LGT.

It is the disposition of men to desire that which he cannot have, hence my un-quenchable wet desire for Shakira!

my car is lowered with coilovers, and i go to mammoth all the time, the majority of the time the the roads are plowed so no worries...on the days snow fell, the snow is soft enough for lowered cars...

the drive up to Tahoe should be fine (i'm from originally from vallejo and go to tahoe tons too) they plow pretty regularly...if anything make sure you have PROPER tires for the winter season!!

~Sucka-Duck~

I wouldnt I live in Colorado and lowering your car just means you'll get stuck easier. I've gotten stuck in just the littlest snow drifts in parking lots. So if you are plan to have a shovel handy, and a buddy with a truck or SUV.

lol - I'm not talking about the "plowed" areas. What Subaru owner DOESN'T take their Sube off the road into unplowed parking lots and side-roads, just to feel that awesome AWD do its thing. I know that's one of my favorite parts about going to the snow whether it's Tahoe, Big Bear or the local San Diego ranges. Lowered WILL get you stuck in those situations. Trust me on this one... as the saying goes, been there done that.

SBT

- Pro amore Dei et patriam et populum -

Archived