LegacyGT.com

Goodbye 2007 Legacy GT!

10 years ago I bought a new 2007 Legacy GT. Ran it for most of that time with a Perrin Equal Length header, SPT exhaust, and an Invidia Up/Down Pipe and an open source tune using info from this forum. Returned it to stock last fall in anticipation of a new vehicle this spring.

Just returned it for a new 2017 Forester for my wife. I have another two years to go before I'll be up for a new car (I inherited my wife's 2011 Forester). Just feeling a little blue at letting the Legacy go and needed to post. What a great car and I'm going to miss it! I put 75k on it over 10 years and the only issue I ever had with the vehicle was the power steering rack blew a seal which was replaced under warranty.

Just needed to share as I'm feeling a little empty right now.

Consolations. I've parted with two, both times for better ones and it was still difficult.

Don't suppose the ELH is still available for sale?

It's not - I was able to flip the header and up/down very quickly. I had the ELH ceramic coated and it looked like new when it came off.

sorry to hear. Is your 2011 forester turbo at least? If not, it must be a bit painful to drive.

It isn't fast by any means, but the 2011 5MT Forester my parents have is actually kind of fun to wring out because it's geared very short and requires frequent shifting around town. It's no turbo Subie, but it doesn't feel like a penalty to drive.

That said, I can't imagine driving one with that terribly outdated 4-speed automatic they were still stuffing in them back then.

Archived