LegacyGT.com

KSport coilover thoughts & comparisons

GTCanada

They suggested that I try the 6 in the front and leave the 7 in the rear at this time; better turn in and load carrying capability.

IMO. the 7kg rate in the rear contributes just as much to the stiff ride as having that rate in the front. Currently, there can be a tendency for the stiff rate in the front to cause some initial impact harshness on moderate bumps (but, much less than the USDM struts + pinks). The followup impact of the rears on the same bump can cause the rear of the car to vertically "launch" somewhat instead of the suspension absorbing the bump. But, making spring changes in stages is a sensible way to do it.

I am confident that the 6kg rate front and rear will be a better ride / handling compromise since the springs will be softer and the dampening setting can be less agressive. Hard to know if it will be ideal since 6kg is still quite stiff. More compliance for cornering through bumpy turns will be welcome.

I'll be sending Paypal for 6kg front and rear.

Tom

I'd have to agree with GTCanada, I find the rears to be even more over-stiff than the fronts. I'm really sick of the loud bang I get everytime the rear wheels hit a square edge bump. I'm giving the Ion springs a shot for the winter and then I'll decide in the spring if I'm going to change the springs on my K-sports or try and sell them.

How easy do we think it will be to switch the front/rear springs on these. I don't remember see'n any easy way to get the tophats off or anything but then again when I was installing I didn't pay that close attention to it.

If it can be done pretty easy I'm in for a set of 6k's?

What are your kingpin inclination angles on these. I found with my Coilovers that if the Combined angle (Camber plus Kingpin Inclination Angle) is too far positive the suspension feels "rougher" and the steering center a little bit vauge.

You want a bit of KIA anyway it helps with self centering the wheel and negates positive camber changes during cornering. Provided that its not set too far inboard it also reduces torque steer and steering wheel shimmy under all conditions.

Interesting question I did not measure when I went from stock. An old school friend just asked what the difference in the bumpsteer angle was after lowering the car. I need to crawl under there and look at the fronts and backs again before I swap out the front springs for 6s.

What are your kingpin inclination angles on these. I found with my Coilovers that if the Combined angle (Camber plus Kingpin Inclination Angle) is too far positive the suspension feels "rougher" and the steering center a little bit vauge.

You want a bit of KIA anyway it helps with self centering the wheel and negates positive camber changes during cornering. Provided that its not set too far inboard it also reduces torque steer and steering wheel shimmy under all conditions.

Howdy Jinsu - did you get my paypal order?

Okay, Here is an update on custom spring rate order issue.

Ksport is going to custom make the 6kg spring for the front right now for you guys. So you guys can have F 6kg/ R 6kg setup or F 6kg / 5kg setup.

You will have to pay by monday if you want the springs fast as ksport will put them on their next week's express airshipment from oversea. If you don't make it by the time, you will have to wait for December's boat shipment or pay extra for airshipment.

springs are $100 a pair

paypal to jinsupower@gmail.com along with your name, application and spring rate.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Archived