LegacyGT.com

flat foot shifting or launch control on AP3? Anyone use them?

So has anyone been using the flat foot shifting option with the AP?

As I understand it, you can push in the clutch while you are flooring (or less) the gas pedal, and the engine will drop the RPM down to the setpoint you define, rather than zipping up to bounce off the limiter...

Launch control would be similar, based on the manual - while sitting, you can floor the gas and it will raise the rpm up to whatever your setpoint is, and sit there until you drop the clutch...

having the gas pedal floored at the same time as the clutch gives me the heebie jeebies... just curious how well it's implemented for those that have tried, or regularly use it

The launch control works pretty well, the caveat is you have to be stopped in 1st with foot on the clutch. Floor the throttle and then slip the clutch ever so quickly and the release it quickly. FFS I never really noticed it all happens very quickly.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G920A using Tapatalk

I didn't really mess with FFS, but I used launch control all the time when I was making 1/4mi runs. Great for consistent launches.

LC is basically a temporary rev limiter that only gets activated if your speed is 0mph and the clutch is pressed in.

Here's a video I made a while back using launch control on a 0-60mph run. The 4.386 sec measurement should probably be taken with a grain of salt since the AP isn't really that accurate at measuring such things, plus there was a ton of wheelspin in 1st gear thanks to our lovely salted roads in NY :lol:

Just did a little digging, looks like 2.5mph is the threshold for "stationary"

https://cobbtuning.atlassian.net/wiki/display/PRS/Launch+Control+and+Flat-Foot+Shift+for+Subaru+FAQ

Expected behavior for 2.5L (All other MT Turbo vehicles):

- If the vehicle is stationary (less than 2.5mph/4khm) with the clutch pedal in and LC RPM is less than Rev. Limiter RPM, LC RPM will be active.

- If the vehicle is stationary with the clutch pedal in and Rev. Limiter RPM is less than or equal to the LC RPM, Rev. Limiter RPM will be active.

- If the vehicle is not stationary with the clutch pedal in and FFS RPM is less tan Rev. Limiter RPM, FFS RPM will be active.

- If the vehicle is not stationary with the clutch pedal in and Rev. Limiter RPM is ever less than or equal to FFS RPM, Rev. Limiter RPM will be active.

- If the clutch is out, Rev. Limiter RPM will be active.

Archived